INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A day at the lake....with the grandkids

So sorry, I really am.
hugs.gif
Can you send her off for a necropsy? If not, you might want to try doing one yourself.

-Kathy

hugs.gif
poor girl, please keep a close eye on the others. I know you will, but check their poop and you are certain no external parasites? I dont think it would hurt to add probiotics and electrolytes to the rest for a bit just to be on the safe side, and take note of their health via Kathys diagram. Hope it was just her

1f625.png
My baby chick is only a week old and it would tear me up too. Hope the rest will stay healthy.

To all the people above, any I missed, and Motorcycle Chick, thank you so much for all of the support. I'm am so sad about this. I really tried hard, but she was too far gone.

I do still wonder if she did possibly get overheated, even though I had them in the shade outside, and gave them fresh water. She is a little one, so it is possible that the heat affected her more than the others. That would cause diarrhea too right? It kills me that this could be my fault.

Silkies do seem to have very thin breasts overall, including the ones that I just drove to pick up this weekend, so the rating of 1 that I gave her may not be accurate. And, she might not have been as thin as I thought. I would be curious to know if other silkie people's hens have very thin/not meaty breasts.

My biggest concern is the other silkies. I have been out watering them with fresh cold water and giving them ice cubes all afternoon. I put another fan on them, and I started treatment with Corrid just in case. Can I give them Sav a Chick probiotics with the Corrid?

My daughter actually got heat exhaustion running at school today. It is about 86 degrees today. I sure wish I had that new coop built. I worked on it a lot today, but it all takes time. We are putting more fans on them tonight. I just pray that the other ones are ok.

Thanks again for all of the help. I will read more about the necropsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom