INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Yes, the meaty pen. I want a few (or 5) breed pens and I like the looks of that one. I could divide it into sections. the front is two skids, one full skid is hinged so half opens up, I would suggest making both front skids hinged to open out and away, and add the smaller door IN one of the skids, makes for really really Raaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaeeeaaaalllllyyyy simple cleaning!
So it's not framed with anything? the SKIDS are the frame I will take pics later for you its too hot out there now lol

Quote:

Yes, the meaty pen. I want a few (or 5) breed pens and I like the looks of that one. I could divide it into sections. the front is two skids, one full skid is hinged so half opens up, I would suggest making both front skids hinged to open out and away, and add the smaller door IN one of the skids, makes for really really Raaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaeeeaaaalllllyyyy simple cleaning!
So it's not framed with anything?

oh you can use scraps like I did the big pen 2x4s between skids and screw them into the 2x4 but I only did that because of the height and wall size

Sally what are the dimensions on your whether pen? I need something like that. Trying to plan.
whats the size of a skid? you mean the run in little one or the skid pen I am using for them from the cornish X growouts?
Yes, the meaty pen. I want a few (or 5) breed pens and I like the looks of that one. I could divide it into sections.
the front is two skids, one full skid is hinged so half opens up, I would suggest making both front skids hinged to open out and away, and add the smaller door IN one of the skids, makes for really really Raaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaeeeaaaalllllyyyy simple cleaning!
So it's not framed with anything?
oh you can use scraps like I did the big pen 2x4s between skids and screw them into the 2x4 but I only did that because of the height and wall size
I might have to just by them. Our pallets aren't that big.

Ok so it's been a while since I posted anything. So here's my new babies. the one with little feathers is fluffy butt,the light colored one is Shelly, and the 2 black ones is Larry and curly.

This is Moe, he was a little late but he made it.

This is Little Leo now, the one born Aug 14th. On my birthday.

Ok so it's been a while since I posted anything. So here's my new babies. the one with little feathers is fluffy butt,the light colored one is Shelly, and the 2 black ones is Larry and curly.
This is Moe, he was a little late but he made it.

This is Little Leo now, the one born Aug 14th. On my birthday.
Congrats!!

Show off!!!  imma take yer powers away!!!  :lau

:lol: Just showing that BYC is messed up for me too... Don't take my power!! :oops:
:frow
Thought I'd pop in. I am putting some eggs on the auction thread right now.

My family is going from CA to PA in Oct. I think I will advertise some Serama roosters and see if I can get any takers between here and there so they can be delivered instead of shipped!

:frow

Hi,

Hoping someone can give me some pointers & tips. I have a chick that has been in the same way for over 12hrs now. It has a fair bit open but hasn't made any more progress. The chick is breathing. 6 chicks have hatched and 4 of these are still in the incubator. When I took the 2 out last night I steamed up the bathroom and put in a warm damp paper towel so I didn't drop the humidity level at all. There are 6 eggs (including this one) still in the incubator but I suspected 2 of these were late quitters when I had candled at day 18. I marked them but left them in as there was no smell and I didn't want to ditch a viable egg. We are at day 21.5. The first pip was seen at day 20. They are Australorps.

Q: when should I intervene and help out. I don't want to rush as it is breathing but it also hasn't made any more progress.

I also have one egg which had pipped and had blood around the area about 12-15hrs ago. As the egg has been moved around by the hatched chicks I can't see how it is now (or get a photo), but there is no visible zipping from the areas of the egg I can see. If I open the incubator at all I could at least turn this egg over and see if it is still moving.

Hi,

Hoping someone can give me some pointers & tips. I have a chick that has been in the same way for over 12hrs now. It has a fair bit open but hasn't made any more progress. The chick is breathing. 6 chicks have hatched and 4 of these are still in the incubator. When I took the 2 out last night I steamed up the bathroom and put in a warm damp paper towel so I didn't drop the humidity level at all. There are 6 eggs (including this one) still in the incubator but I suspected 2 of these were late quitters when I had candled at day 18. I marked them but left them in as there was no smell and I didn't want to ditch a viable egg. We are at day 21.5. The first pip was seen at day 20. They are Australorps.

Q: when should I intervene and help out. I don't want to rush as it is breathing but it also hasn't made any more progress.

I also have one egg which had pipped and had blood around the area about 12-15hrs ago. As the egg has been moved around by the hatched chicks I can't see how it is now (or get a photo), but there is no visible zipping from the areas of the egg I can see. If I open the incubator at all I could at least turn this egg over and see if it is still moving.

from pip to zip can be 24+- hours
zipping should be only 60-90 minutes, this picture is stuck zipping
but keep in mind that every time you open the bator it sucks out heat and moisture and could harm the other eggs

Are your Bantam EE's still laying well?
Only pheasant I have been seeing around here is mostly ringnecks with the occasional Red Golden.

Aren't those expensive to ship?
Yes, bantam EEs are laying well. They are laying machines. Just put some of their eggs on the 24 hour auction.
Yeah, kids are kind of expensive to ship around. They don't care to work for me much, maybe Sally will have better luck with them if I ship them to her.
lol.png

Which route? N.CA or S. CA?
Southern. From San Diego through Phoenix, Albuquerque....

lol.png
Just showing that BYC is messed up for me too... Don't take my power!!
hide.gif

frow.gif

Hi Banty
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom