INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to close up my coop last night that my broody and her chicks are in, found that my broody was sitting on 3 eggs. This is not an option. I took the eggs and she got right mad at me. Is it normal for a broody to go back to being broody before her chicks are even ready to fly the coop?
How old are her chicks?

Great on the one, and the other seems fine too, veins are good.
even if there's no signs of movement?

When would I consider that egg a goner even though it appears within the normal range of development for lock down?i tapped on the egg and it didnt move.

Yes, they rest a lot before hatching. If something went wrong you would see a blood ring, or blob at bottom of egg.
Do you have a picture of an egg that would be dead around day 16-19 just so I can see what it would look like?

I've had early blood rings, but I've never seen one appear after day 15ish.

The last egg I had that died, never made it to the air sac, it was curled up, no veins. We just left it alone and waited for it to hatch, when we did the eggtopsy around day 27, there was nothing wrong with it, other than it just never got it's way into the airsac. Everything else looked perfect.

Got to head out.... Gonna go bait my deer blind.... You all have a good one.....
smile.png
frow.gif

Yes, they rest a lot before hatching. If something went wrong you would see a blood ring, or blob at bottom of egg. 

Do you have a picture of an egg that would be dead around day 16-19 just so I can see what it would look like?

I've had early blood rings, but I've never seen one appear after day 15ish.

The last egg I had that died, never made it to the air sac, it was curled up, no veins. We just left it alone and waited for it to hatch, when we did the eggtopsy around day 27, there was nothing wrong with it, other than it just never got it's way into the airsac. Everything else looked perfect.

It can be very difficult to know when to assist, and quite often it doesn't end well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom