INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same way l treat her! :lol:
We went to the sea shore touday it was marvellous! Nice water temp, not ajot sun, not yo much crowd we had a wonderful time!

Awesome. The old year is treating me well also. Went to our usual for our anniversary last week on weekday. Nobody there very quite and nice.

My two ducks (khaki cambell and a blue swedish) are on their way. Only 2 hatched, but because of it, he's putting me on a list for more ducks/turkeys in the spring, and is sending me some chickens in a couple weeks to give me some layers. The chickens will be copper marans and fullsized cochins, and a couple of others, to try out and see what does okay in the heat here.

I didn't really NEED anymore chickens... but it was hard to say no. LOL

Yes. In texas, our daytime outside temps were reaching 102..... so it raised the incubator an extra couple of degrees. I was trying to keep it between 99.6.100.8 but we get very hot temps here.

I'm constantly adjusting the hovabator's temp a degree or so as well, for daytime/nighttime to keep it around 100.8

I understand. That's tough.
I always freak out a bit when people report temps up near the fatal 104 mark. They can live a few degrees low but not a few degrees high.

I understand. That's tough.
I always freak out a bit when people report temps up near the fatal 104 mark. They can live a few degrees low but not a few degrees high.
I havent' had it go above 101.8 I rounded up and said 102, but I did my best, to keep it around 99.6-100.8
I wish texas didn't get so hot, but even our AC units set at 77 can't keep it below 85 when we get 105+ temps and 60-80% humidity. We just end up suffering through until it cools off.

IMHO, I wouldn't worry. There's not much you can reasonably do at this point if they're not vigorous to get out on their own.

My wife heard about it a couple days ago since Bass Pro is about 10 blocks from where she works and Cabela's is on her way home, lots of people she knows either frequent them or work there.
Cabela's has been losing market share for a few years and has been trying to sell for some time. One report says it's 5.5 Billion.
That will double the stores but there will probably be stores of both chains closed if they compete locally.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/laureng...-to-buy-cabelas-for-5-5-billion/#6a624a84708d

I always thought Cabela's was more hunting oriented and Bass Pro was more fishing oriented though they really thoroughly overlap.
Bass Pro is headquartered right here in Springfield, MO. Their flagship store there is amazing.  Cabela's is in Nebraska and Bass Pro says they're going to keep their operations there.

Unfortunately, I have not made it to the Springfield store. It has been on my list just haven't made it up that far yet. We drive through Atlanta at least a couple times a year heading back home and stop in that store to "stretch our legs". The store just outside the smokey mtns is impressive as well. The new ones they are opening in my area are small 1 level, minimal mounts, no display tank, single level stores.

The new thermostat is here this one has a metal probe at first I didn't see it I was getting reading to send the person ordered it off of a message.

Last edited:
Awesome. The old year is treating me well also. Went to our usual for our anniversary last week on weekday. Nobody there very quite and nice.
Where was that?

@ChickenCanoe

Not sure why it didn't quote the first part of your question. To put it back in context this was in regards to the Bass Pro/Cabela's buyout.
The flagship store of Bass Pro is a half million square feet. Like all the stores there are amazing displays of taxidermy in all departments but when you walk in the door there are streams and waterfalls with all kinds of live animals - especially ducks. There's 7 large fish tanks including a waterfall tank and there's an alligator pit. This is all while you're shopping for outdoor gear.
There's 2 museums on the 4th floor. The NRA Sporting Arms Museum and the Archery Hall of Fame. They have Jesse James' revolver and Teddy Roosevelt's rifle. For archery it covers the entire history of archery in the US for people like Fred Baer, Geronimo's handmade bow and quiver and the original prototype compound bow.
There's a pistol range and a place to sight in rifle scopes. There's a gunsmith and they can fix lots of things on the spot. There are restaurants, including Hemingway's Blue Water Café, a gourmet restaurant with a huge reef aquarium behind the bar. Once when I was there they had some very large sharks in it.

Last edited:
I havent' had it go above 101.8 I rounded up and said 102, but I did my best, to keep it around 99.6-100.8
I wish texas didn't get so hot, but even our AC units set at 77 can't keep it below 85 when we get 105+ temps and 60-80% humidity. We just end up suffering through until it cools off.
I don't know how you do it.
I worked in a factory that was always hot but especially in summer in the paint department. It was easily 130 most of the summer. 32 tearful years later, I'm still alive.

I'm fearful these temps will continue to climb for years to come.

Unfortunately, I have not made it to the Springfield store. It has been on my list just haven't made it up that far yet. We drive through Atlanta at least a couple times a year heading back home and stop in that store to "stretch our legs". The store just outside the smokey mtns is impressive as well. The new ones they are opening in my area are small 1 level, minimal mounts, no display tank, single level stores.

The one by us is one level too but they have a huge walk through tank with all native MO fish.
If you make it to Springfield, you might as well hit Branson, Silver Dollar City and the area lakes. There's a row of them on the White river. Taneycomo (trout lake), Bull Shoals, Table Rock and Beaver lake (bass lakes).
Might as well see the sights St. Louis has to offer while you're at it and hit one of the great crystal clear float streams.

Great new all six ayam cimani eggs are developing

Bonus!
thumbsup.gif

yippiechickie.gif

news and Cemani

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom