INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever have one of those days?
gig.gif

I am pretty darn good at cooking and baking. However, there is one thing I have never been very good at. Making pie shells. The only way I can do it is to roll it out between sheets of wax paper. Unfortunately, I have not done any pies in a long time. I forgot to add the flour to the wax paper. When I went to flip the shell into the pan, it stuck to the bottom piece of paper. Okay. I can fix that. Right? Well...
It took a few tries, but the shell rolled out kinda okay. I had to do a little piecing it together around the sides.
The second one went better, but that was a given. Part of the shell slid to the edge of the counter, and broke off onto the floor.
Then I went to make the pie filling. I don't think I have ever used canned pumpkin before. I will not intentionally use it again.
When it came time to add the eggs, I went straight for the duck eggs. Unfortunately, one of the eggs fell on the floor. One advantage of fresh eggs is thick shells. It only cracked some. Unfortunately, it broke enough that part of the shell fell into the bowl. I never did figure out where it went.
lol.png
I tried using a sieve spoon, but it was too good at hiding. If I do share these pies, someone is going to get a surprise.
lau.gif

At this point, I have two mediocre looking shells, flour all over the floor, as well as all over me. There is egg shell in the pie filling. Oh, and my yoga pants are too long. The hems are now covered in everything that was on the floor.
thumbsup.gif
I am doing well!
I toss in the other ingredients, hoping that I am not going so fast that I am getting the measurements wrong.
fl.gif

The last thing I had to add was butter. I now have to pee like crazy. Did I stop to go to the bathroom? Nooooooo! I wanted to finish making the filling! Did I end up regretting that decision? Yeeeeessssss!
So, I cleaned everything up (Yes, including me. Stop laughing so hard!) and put the filling in the fridge to chill. I decided to get some Kool-Aid. I ended up spilling it all over the floor. I went to take a drink, with the glass in the wrong hand. Not that most adults have a problem with that. Unfortunately, I did! I spilled it down my shirt.
Something tells me I am going to be burning the pies.
hide.gif
MC you will NEVER make a politician.

Now this is how a politician would have told the story......

Ever have one of those days?
gig.gif

I am pretty darn good at cooking and baking. However, there is one thing I am very good at: Making pie shells. I have this genius way to roll it out and this is between between sheets of wax paper. It works every time.

The second one was even better than the first.

Then I went to make the pie filling. I don't think I have ever used canned pumpkin before. I will not intentionally use it again because I can make much better filling myself.

When it came time to add the eggs, I went straight for the fresh free range duck eggs. I added a special surprise for the lucky person who will be eating the pie.
lau.gif

My slightly long yoga pants made floor clean up an "as-you-go" no brainer.
thumbsup.gif
I am doing well!

I toss in the other ingredients, I am going so fast.

The last thing I had to add was butter. I now have to pee like crazy so I went.

So, I cleaned everything up and put the filling in the fridge to chill and got a nice cool drink.
Something tells me I am going to be have fabulous pies.
hide.gif

The pair is costing me about 250 with shipping.
sickbyc.gif
That's not bad. I was selling trios for 300 without shipping. Shipping adult birds is very expensive between the overnight and the box.

Good luck with this hatch. Yes, I think you should tell the breeder all the buff ones were infertile, a good breeder would want to know this.

The 5 week olds are weaned already, or were they with her too?

Yes, I have heard of Bass Pro buying Cabela's.

That beach looks lovely. I would even tolerate a few other people on it, not many, but a few.

I'm just thankful they are molting early this year, they usually seem to molt in the dead of winter.

I hope they have a safe trip.

When I visit my mother in MO, they talk about going to Springfield, but we always end up at Cabela's in KC instead. I have been to the BP in St. Louis before.

woot.gif

I hope the arrive safely and do a really good job for you.

Oops.
The Cabela's in KC was the first one I've been to. I was there for the grand opening. The one in St. Louis has only been here about 4 years.

At least you are taking it with humor!
Few things upset me. If I were making these pies for Thanksgiving, I would have not been as amused. I am sure I would have at least laughed and part of it though.
(beer) evening all,
:frow Want some Pumpkin Surprise pie?
MC you will NEVER make a politician. Now this is how a politician would have told the story...... Ever have one of those days?
gig.gif
I am pretty darn good at cooking and baking. However, there is one thing I am very good at: Making pie shells. I have this genius way to roll it out and this is between between sheets of wax paper. It works every time. The second one was even better than the first. Then I went to make the pie filling. I don't think I have ever used canned pumpkin before. I will not intentionally use it again because I can make much better filling myself. When it came time to add the eggs, I went straight for the fresh free range duck eggs. I added a special surprise for the lucky person who will be eating the pie.
lau.gif
My slightly long yoga pants made floor clean up an "as-you-go" no brainer.
thumbsup.gif
I am doing well! I toss in the other ingredients, I am going so fast. The last thing I had to add was butter. I now have to pee like crazy so I went. So, I cleaned everything up and put the filling in the fridge to chill and got a nice cool drink. Something tells me I am going to be have fabulous pies.
hide.gif
:gig No, I would not. I noticed that you did not have me blaming anyone else either.

Look what *I* found :

LOL TSC had it on clearance sale, my husband let me waste 5 bucks on it, just for a picture. I love my husband :p

Also, our new goat, Pumpkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom