INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: :hugs Did that boy go rolling around in the woods or something?

Morning everyone. :frow
Morning Uncle Pen.

Last edited:
My oldest is the kid who needs to accept he's "failing." they pushed him through grades, when he wasn't learning.
Due to his mental health issues, he may not be able to get a formal education enough to go to college, so we are focusing more on life skills, and I got him GED study books and my goal in life, is to get him a GED so he can get some kind of diploma, that's earned and not just faked by pushing him through school.

Realistic expectations for children is so important. I do not believe in trophies for participation. You either get a trophy because you actually *win* or what you get out of it, is that you got to play the game.

I've never understood hand-holding. I think it builds false sense of esteem, and then the kids get out in the real world and don't know how to deal with loss, instant gratification, or expecting someone to hold their hands, or "cookies" for just participating.

I also don't think schools teach good work ethics. How is turning in subpar work and over looking it, doing them any favors?

I love my son to death, but when I know he can do better, and he hands me crap, I won't accept it until he fixes it. LOL
Very true. Please overlook my typos above. I should read over what I type in a hurry. I am mobile though and find it difficult to read in the reply box. Thus I edit a lot.

So you think that's what it is? He doesn't seem to find it that itchy. I've been letting them play outside unsupervised. :oops:

DH and I don't react to poison ivy, so we're not experts in what it looks like or what to do. :/ Lots of googling right now.

Last edited:
Very true. Please overlook my typos above. I should read over what I type in a hurry. I am mobile though and find it difficult to read in the reply box. Thus I edit a lot.
I'm dyslexic, I have a spell checker installed. You should see what I type like if I don't have it available. :p I don't judge.

So you think that's what it is? He doesn't seem to find it that itchy. I've been letting them play outside unsupervised. :oops:

DH and I don't react to poison ivy, so we're not experts in what it looks like or what to do. :/ Lots of googling right now.
My rugrats play outside by themselves as well. I would say if it's not poison ivy it's in the same family as poison ivy. For littles with it in there face we usually use calamine lotion. Just dab it on using a cotton ball until the rash is covered. It'll make him look funny but it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom