INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: He built me a super computer with lots of ram, a fancy hard drive, and large flat screen.
big_smile.png

-Kathy
Wanna rent him out?

I need some help. I got serama eggs, and it's day 21. Three have already hatched, and 9 have already pipped, two of which are currenly zipping. I have hatched eggs before, but never serama.

Last night I saw one had pipped on the wrong end, and I figured I'd give it a hour and check up. Thirty minutes late, it started to chirp quietly and a small amount of yolk came from the side. I peeled away part of the shell, leaving the membrane almost completely intact, minus the hole where it was breathing. I dampened the membrane, and when I woke up its beak was gone. I heard it chirping ever so quietly, and I picked the shell until I found its beak, creating a small hole in the membrane.

Later today, it once again has moved, once again with trouble breathing, but this time with its mouth near the air cell. I waited, and after a few hours there was no pip, and I had to peel off some of the shell so it did not suffocate.

I have only hatched once from an incubator, and though I had a malpositioned chick that I helped survive, this has never happened. I love animals, and I really do not want to see it die. She is breathing okay now. I feel like too much shell is gone. Should I put egg piece and a damp paper towel over her? I'm very lost on what to do at this point.

I tried to pull back some shell, as it does not look like she'll be able to hatch on her own, and it had the slightest bit of blood. I dampened the membrane and put her back in. I am worried like crazy, and I don't want to keep opening the incubator. Tips? Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom