INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good night! I am going to sleep. Have a wonderful un sabotaged weekend
lau.gif
frow.gif
, I think

I need some help. I got serama eggs, and it's day 21. Three have already hatched, and 9 have already pipped, two of which are currenly zipping. I have hatched eggs before, but never serama. Last night I saw one had pipped on the wrong end, and I figured I'd give it a hour and check up. Thirty minutes late, it started to chirp quietly and a small amount of yolk came from the side. I peeled away part of the shell, leaving the membrane almost completely intact, minus the hole where it was breathing. I dampened the membrane, and when I woke up its beak was gone. I heard it chirping ever so quietly, and I picked the shell until I found its beak, creating a small hole in the membrane. Later today, it once again has moved, once again with trouble breathing, but this time with its mouth near the air cell. I waited, and after a few hours there was no pip, and I had to peel off some of the shell so it did not suffocate. I have only hatched once from an incubator, and though I had a malpositioned chick that I helped survive, this has never happened. I love animals, and I really do not want to see it die. She is breathing okay now. I feel like too much shell is gone. Should I put egg piece and a damp paper towel over her? I'm very lost on what to do at this point. I tried to pull back some shell, as it does not look like she'll be able to hatch on her own, and it had the slightest bit of blood. I dampened the membrane and put her back in. I am worried like crazy, and I don't want to keep opening the incubator. Tips? Thank you in advance.
Update?
Check out the Corvette that showed up at the same diner I was at yesterday.
nice car!!
It was so cool hasn't touched it. All original. I would think a paint job but I guess that messes with original.
That would DESTROY the value!!
my chick is better than urs
um ok? :confused:
Could be but how about this
Awwww :love
Hey guess what!!!!!!!
Chicken butts
:idunno I think it was an accident, and it really don't matter anyways. What's the worst thing that's gonna happen?
What about quotes that are linked in the notes?
:hugs My concerns are the information in the thread, if the thread is locked it cant be quoted, and if the posts cant get edit I cant copy paste any spoiler information on incubation etc. So I must think over this well.
Yes! How do we know what posts are being deleted? What if they are linked posts!??!?

This thread is so awesome. I come here to read some of it and laugh every day even if I don't post. You guys are so fabulous.
If it gets shut down hopefully Sally will make a part 2 and all the same people will "keep calm and carry on posting" as if nothing happened.
Love you guys.

I guess it was the wrong time of the day, because I couldn't get a good pose out of either of these two knuckleheads. They're finally feathering out, and their main tails are just now coming in. Starting to look like something now. Just not sure what that something is...

0.jpg

I guess it was the wrong time of the day, because I couldn't get a good pose out of either of these two knuckleheads. They're finally feathering out, and their main tails are just now coming in. Starting to look like something now. Just not sure what that something is...

0.jpg
Mighty fine, SJ, mighty fine. You do good work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom