Incubation humidity

Mistyhensley75

Hatching
Jul 19, 2020
I am just now starting my first incubation if bob white quail. I live in Texas which right now is 90% humidity or higher. I put my first eggs in last night. However I cannot get the humidity below 65%. Does any one have any suggestions on how to bring the humidity down or what to do? I’m home all day all day and I really want to do this right.

I'm in south Alabama I always set my incubator in different places while it was empty and always got different readings. My best and most stable place was in my garage against the south wall. The readings were always the same or really close there no matter what. This time of year for us in the south its nothing but hot and humid my only suggestion if it's possible is move the incubator in a conditioned space. You may also want to calibrate the hygrometer and make sure its reading true. Mine was always off by 6 or 8%

Yeah air conditioned space. I tried mine inside but the humidity was to low. No it shouldn't hurt it since it's just starting but you do wanna get it under control especially for when it's time to hatch.

Getting the humidity up is not a problem I was worried about it being to high for the first 20 days. This is what the incubator looks like

Back
Top Bottom