Incubation Period for Roman Tufted Goslings ...

Ms_B

Hatching
Apr 27, 2024
Hello all,

This is my first time posting, though I've read these forums for many years. I'm a kindergarten teacher. I've been hatching in my classroom every spring for the last 14 years. I started with chicks and then moved onto ducklings, which I fell in love with. So much so that I kept some of my hatch from 2021 and one from last year.

This year, for the first time, I am attempting to hatch goslings. I was given some Roman Tufted goose eggs, along with some call duck eggs (I have hatched call ducks before). When I started my incubation, I thought that all geese took 30 days to incubate. I've since learned that this can actually range from 28-30 days. I started my goose eggs two days before my call duck eggs. I am hoping that someone on these forums knows the incubation period for Roman Tufted geese. I have a backup incubator so I could move my call duck eggs if the goose embryos need to go into lockdown before them.

Thank you for any information you can provide. My goose eggs are just starting day 19. The call duck eggs just started day 17.

My Classic Roman’s baby was about 28 days, smaller geese have shorter incubations. Goslings can sometimes take awhile to hatch after internally pipping so it can be an extra 48 hours on top of that before they actually hatch.

Can I ask what will become of the goslings once they hatch?

The goslings will be going back to the person who gave me the eggs. She has a small farm. The ducklings are going back to their original farm, too. I always have homes arranged before I hatch anything.

I guess I'll check the eggs on day 25 and see if they look like they're getting ready to hatch. I'll move the call duck eggs to the other incubator if needed.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom