Igorbilbao

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2021
Hi there,
Today (day 25) I gave up and opened the eggs that didn’t hatch, (only 1/8 hatched). 3 died early, and then 4 were fully developed. I decided to open them because i saw no movement in the last 12 hours. Could I have killed them? On the other side yesterday I posted another question and people told me it was probably a humidity problem, is that it? (chicken eggs)
Thank you :(

Hi there,
Today (day 25) I gave up and opened the eggs that didn’t hatch, (only 1/8 hatched). 3 died early, and then 4 were fully developed. I decided to open them because i saw no movement in the last 12 hours. Could I have killed them? On the other side yesterday I posted another question and people told me it was probably a humidity problem, is that it? (chicken eggs)
Thank you :(
I'm very sorry about your eggs, had a similar problem myself recently.

I'm not an expert compared to lots of people here, but It was probably a humidity problem, though likely not your fault. were you going by the incubator's humidity check or did you have a separate one?

How is the chick? Are you able to find it some friends maybe?

I'm very sorry about your eggs, had a similar problem myself recently.

I'm not an expert compared to lots of people here, but It was probably a humidity problem, though likely not your fault. were you going by the incubator's humidity check or did you have a separate one?

How is the chick? Are you able to find it some friends maybe?
The chick is at my brothers farm, but I don’t think he has chicks his age,:(. I didn’t have nothing to measure the humidity, I followed the incubator instructions of putting water the first day, then when the water was low add morr, and more the last days, but I saw a lot of condesation, so I suppose the humidity was pretty high. I just bought a hygrometer on amazon, so if humidity was the problem next time it should be a successful hatch.
Thank you for answering:)

The chick is at my brothers farm, but I don’t think he has chicks his age,:(. I didn’t have nothing to measure the humidity, I followed the incubator instructions of putting water the first day, then when the water was low add morr, and more the last days, but I saw a lot of condesation, so I suppose the humidity was pretty high. I just bought a hygrometer on amazon, so if humidity was the problem next time it should be a successful hatch.
Thank you for answering:)
You are welcome, sounds like you did your best. Good luck for next time. I'm sorry about the chick and hope it doesn't grow up lonely-- is it possible to purchase a coulpe of similia chicks at a local feed store?

You are welcome, sounds like you did your best. Good luck for next time. I'm sorry about the chick and hope it doesn't grow up lonely-- is it possible to purchase a coulpe of similia chicks at a local feed store?
I don’t think we can buy newborn chicks here. What will happen to the chick if it grows by itself??

No Im from Spain:(, and stressed means like he will die or something like that?
What breed, do you know if it's a 'he'?

I don't know if he'll die, but *he* could be extremely lonely as *he* has no mamma to teach him either. Can you/ your brother spend time with *him*?

What breed, do you know if it's a 'he'?

I don't know if he'll die, but *he* could be extremely lonely as *he* has no mamma to teach him either. Can you/ your brother spend time with *him*?
I don’t know if is he or she, automatically I say he because it sounds better than it. I will talk to my brother. Thank you:)

Back
Top Bottom