INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving
big_smile.png

This is Syd, our littlest turkey poult. Forgive his nose full of FF, I interrupted his supper.

Oh no, If its someone that's been recommended to you, I would go with her. I know how hard it is to take the jump to process yourself when its your own bird. It was a lot harder for me with chicks I had hatched and raised. I have learned to accept it but it took time.

Straw is more expensive! Really hard to imagine that. And I buy the 6ft rolls, so the hay is cheaper yet. It breaks down a lot faster too.

@ellymayRans
has beautiful marans

Poor lil girl, she is getting there!

That is strange! Here hay is typically twice as much as straw. And feed mills sell it for more than 2x the average person

I have some pics of our new chickens we picked up in Ohio. They are having their hair put up.

OH MY I loved your pics! Are those modern games in the red pyle color? LOVE my games am so jealous! I have decided to sell my polish. I have a tolbunt hen and roo, splash hen and a silver laced hen.

thanksgiving-prayer.gif

Happy Thanksgiving Indiana Peeps!

thanksgiving-family-dinner.gif

turkey-family.gif
turkey-family.gif
turkey-family.gif
turkey-family.gif

Happy thanksgiving to you too! I love your animations where do you find them?
Quote: He is a bourbon red. They are golden until the deep burgundy "red" feathers out. Syd is pretty special
love.gif
, he is the last poult of the year and I really needed more toms.The longer neck tells me he is a Tom, YAY!

Quote: I know! Straw is super expensive here. Pretty stupid. So I just get the 6ft rolls my guy delivers too. I had 4 good quality 6 foot rolls delivered for $200.

Hi everyone, sure have missed ya'll. just want to pop in and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving hope everyone has been well. I hope to be able to start chatting with you again soon.

OH MY I loved your pics! Are those modern games in the red pyle color? LOVE my games am so jealous! I have decided to sell my polish. I have a tolbunt hen and roo, splash hen and a silver laced hen.

Happy thanksgiving to you too! I love your animations where do you find them?
He is a bourbon red. They are golden until the deep burgundy "red" feathers out. Syd is pretty special :love , he is the last poult of the year and I really needed more toms.The longer neck tells me he is a Tom, YAY!

I know! Straw is super expensive here. Pretty stupid. So I just get the 6ft rolls my guy delivers too. I had 4 good quality 6 foot rolls delivered for $200.

I have never bought hay rolls before, just bales. Sounds like it would be easier to put down though! Man I wish you were closer-would love to have the tolbunts!

It feels like it haven't go an egg in forever. The only egg I even watch for is a blue from my AM Pullet. Just started out and she is more dependable than any of the others lol

It feels like it haven't go an egg in forever. The only egg I even watch for is a blue from my AM Pullet. Just started out and she is more dependable than any of the others lol

I feel ya. My hens had dropped to 2 or 3 eggs a day out of 25ish that are old enough. Last week I haven't gotten a single egg. I even put a light in their house on a timer. I hadn't been messing with that the last few winters. Right now they're getting to be expensive "pets"

I even have been giving them some warm, hard boiled eggs from time to time but still nada.

Back
Top Bottom