INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hey everyone! Feel like I've been out of everything for a long time. Wednesday the 16th my dad passed out by the side of the road at our house and we had to get him to the ER. They didn't find anything and sent him home. He followed up with his dr that Friday. Got a phone call to take him to the hospital directly from the doctor's office. They found his aortic valve was over 75 percent blocked. Ended up having medical transport to St Vincent hospital in Indy. A week ago today then he had heart valve replacement surgery. I also came down last Monday and have been here ever since. Still not sure when he'll be discharged. Kinda tired of living out of a motel room! It's great seeing everyone's chick pics since I haven't seen my own girls in so long. We were getting about 30 eggs a day when I left so there's probably a pile waiting for me when I get home. My daughter came down for a couple days which was nice. We had already scheduled a college visit for yesterday at U of Indy for their nursing day so we were able to do that before she headed back home. Keep the pics coming - reminds me of home!

Hey everyone! Feel like I've been out of everything for a long time. Wednesday the 16th my dad passed out by the side of the road at our house and we had to get him to the ER. They didn't find anything and sent him home. He followed up with his dr that Friday. Got a phone call to take him to the hospital directly from the doctor's office. They found his aortic valve was over 75 percent blocked. Ended up having medical transport to St Vincent hospital in Indy. A week ago today then he had heart valve replacement surgery. I also came down last Monday and have been here ever since. Still not sure when he'll be discharged. Kinda tired of living out of a motel room! It's great seeing everyone's chick pics since I haven't seen my own girls in so long. We were getting about 30 eggs a day when I left so there's probably a pile waiting for me when I get home. My daughter came down for a couple days which was nice. We had already scheduled a college visit for yesterday at U of Indy for their nursing day so we were able to do that before she headed back home. Keep the pics coming - reminds me of home!
Hope all goes well for your Dad.
fl.gif

Welcome to the thread! :welcome
Cluck yeah, man! 

***Update on me***
I'm feeling much better than I was last night. Thinking it might be the antibiotic. Looked up possible side effects of it, and holy moly, I had almost all of them! the put me on it for a bladder infection, which is weird, because I'm normally really sensitive to those... and I don't feel like I have on at all. I'd been taking them for about a week out of the ten-day mark, so I hope it's good enough... 

Bad news (as though this sick thing isn't bad enough) is that I won't likely be able to get pheasants after all. DH was putting off making the mini-coop too darn long (even though I kept telling him we only had til April 1st). I asked the seller if he had any left, but he's sold out of goldens. At this point, I'll have to get whatever's available just to be grandfathered in for pheasants at all. 

Glad you are feeling better! But I was on Craigslist today and up here in northern Indiana someone had pheasants for sale. I read that there were a yellow golden, red golden and a lady Amherst. I'm not sure how far you are willing to travel but that might an option for you! I looked up what a lady Amhearst looked like and wow are they gorgeous!!!

If I don't perk up soon, it'll be time to go to a hospital. Suddenly feeling very cold, sloshy, dizzy, sitting up is really difficult. No insurance = I hate doctors. Please be praying. Had planned to pick up pheasants Wednesday, but I'm thinking that might not happen, after all.
hugs.gif
I wouldn't wait.. can't risk your health.

Good morning y'all. Change of plans for us...I bought 10 chicks yesterday so we are cancelling our order with my pet chicken. We already love them so much.
smile.png

I grabbed a couple pics when I woke up. You can tell I woke them too lol.

5 barred rocks
3 Easter eggers
2 buff orpingtons

Great choices, congrats!
so glad there is a thread for people in my state! we have had chickens for 2-3 years now and currently have 7 hens and one rooster- looking to increase a bit.
1f60a.png
Welcome to our thread!

OoooOOOooo I want that shirt!

Yea I would have to have this one too! Love my roosters!

Yippeeeee. She has 10 little cuties 6 are buff orp and 4 are buff orp/barred rock.
I was just wondering, my ! That's 10 babies to take care of. Is that a normal size family ? How many can a momma actually take good care of?

She should do fine as long as they all fit under her.
Quote: Fingers crossed you get better. Hope the pheasants still work out!

Oh my, Prayers for your Dad.

Hi everyone!

I am not sure how to post here in the state threads, but here I am :)

My name is Christie and I live west of Terre Haute (St Mary of the Woods, to be more precise). I live on 1.6 acres with my husband and four kids. We just moved here last summer and are starting over raising chickens. We had to leave our last flock of 9 hens and one rooster when we left Ohio (they now live happily on 15 acres with a good family).

We now have four Leghorns and two of what we think are Production Reds, almost 3 weeks old, and five Easter Eggers that are about 2.5 weeks old. I forgot how much I missed having chickens until now. The kids absolutely love being around them and taking care of them.

I hope to be a regular around here and learn more about our feathered girls :)

great mix where did you get them? if I may ask?

I got them at Big R in Crawfordsville. They run out pretty much the day they get them in, or at least that's been my experience. It took me a few visits to finally get them. I decided to go in as soon as the order was released Monday. They ran out of orpingtons in just a couple hours.

Where is good to chick shop in Terre Haute? We go there every so often. Love the bourbon chicken at the mall...ymmm.

I got them at Big R in Crawfordsville. They run out pretty much the day they get them in, or at least that's been my experience. It took me a few visits to finally get them. I decided to go in as soon as the order was released Monday. They ran out of orpingtons in just a couple hours.

Hi there, I live just 3 miles west of crawfordsville! My brother works in Lafayette and he stopped by Rural King yest on his way home..he said they had silkies but im sure they will be out b4 I can get there this weekend....oh, wait...I already have 3 silkies,, and 16 in the bator...oops, guess I dont need any more...WAIT, WHAT AM I SAYING!??,, sorry, occasionally a rational thought just jumps out of no where..ill try to b more careful in the future..PLEASE dont boot me from the site! Ill b back to Crazy Chicken Lady in no time..I promise!

~Donna aka Nin

Hi everyone!

I am not sure how to post here in the state threads, but here I am
smile.png

My name is Christie and I live west of Terre Haute (St Mary of the Woods, to be more precise). I live on 1.6 acres with my husband and four kids. We just moved here last summer and are starting over raising chickens. We had to leave our last flock of 9 hens and one rooster when we left Ohio (they now live happily on 15 acres with a good family).

We now have four Leghorns and two of what we think are Production Reds, almost 3 weeks old, and five Easter Eggers that are about 2.5 weeks old. I forgot how much I missed having chickens until now. The kids absolutely love being around them and taking care of them.

I hope to be a regular around here and learn more about our feathered girls
smile.png
Welcome to BYC and our thread!
frow.gif
Just jump right in, we always welcome new folks. Ask any questions you need and please feel welcome.

Back
Top Bottom