INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Haven't been on in awhile, been busy with the yard and bunnies. Just came into a good deal today that doubled my flock! For 40 bucks I got:
1 Easter Egger
1 Colombian Rock
1 black Sexlink
1 Buff Orpington
1 Golden Comet
1 Isa Brown

Also go two Aricuana (?) roosters. One will be a table bird, the other a future father
1f602.png
. I'm excited to be getting more than one egg a day soon!

Last edited:
Thanks me too.
1f601.png

The atipico is a color gene. It just allows you to control the amount of white on the birds.
So for example. The ducklings in this pic. The yellow have dark tipped tails indicating barred, 1 is dark with the yellow apots at the shoulder is wild type, 1 dark with more yellow and no spots is a Pied and then the 1 that is a dusky atipico. Dusky atipico hatch brown with maybe a slightly lighter bib and can be any color. So for mine here it's an atipico dusky that is Blue.

This is her now.

The pair I posted about are black and have very little white.
I posted them shortly after their hatch and as they grew on here but they are on my other phone my teenager has since he busted his or I'd post them.
1f609.png
Thank you for explaining. I'm new to Muscovies, and learning about the different color variations.

She is adorable, and if I lived closer would have to consider adding one more.

Quote:
Still looking for a few turkeys.

(2) toms of any of the following but I would like a breeding pair to start breeding since losing my hens this summer. I would love a Midget White Tom or hen. Spanish black or bourbon red Toms or pairs.

I do have a Poult I'd trade too. She may be mixed but for all intensive purposes appears to be a palm.
She's pretty big already and will certainly be laying this spring if not sooner.

I've been searching CL but really would rather get from someone here and or closer to me.
I have checked with any folks I know. Tyner Pond farm on facebook has pastured turkeys. Might be an option.

http://tynerpondfarm.com/
is the regular website.

Last edited:
Roo 1

Roo 2

Most of the girls

So the Misters took off on me first thing, luckily they are back, and wanting back in the coop. They were able to get out, so I'm letting them figure out how to get back in. They take off like Olympic runners when I get near em. Wings will be clipped as soon as I can corner em.

Quote:
I have checked with any folks I know. Tyner Pond farm on facebook has pastured turkeys. Might be an option.

http://tynerpondfarm.com/
is the regular website.
Pretty sure she's after breeding birds
wink.png

I have one MW tom, but he has a history of illness (had a respiratory illness as a young'un), so I don't think you'd want him. He's not a "spare"; he's my only guy. Non-aggressive but also non-social. He's just a year old this month. He hasn't figured out how to mate yet. I have hens of most of the breeds you listed, but alas, no toms.

If the Black toms are as hardy and wonderful as the girls I have, I'll be looking for a black poult that likes to bite my rings at the Bloomington RK next spring. These gals have been great. The chocolate jenny is wonderful too--very hardy and spunky. The RK poults have grown up to have the wrong shank color (all had black legs, and they're supposed to be pink). The chocolate seems to have great type and color, but chocolates aren't showable, if I understand everything right (but my word, they grow up pretty).

As much as I love little turkeys, I don't think there's as much market for them. Had kinda wanted to try for multi-colored bantam turkeys to concentrate on egg-laying instead of meat (love turkey personality). May wind up concentrating on chocolate and black because the girls I have are so hardy and alert. Both colors are deceptively beautiful, too. Haven't seen their kind of health from Palms, Hollands, Slate or Bourbon yet. those breeds just don't seem to fare as well here for some reason
hu.gif
Bronze has been more middle ground. Our jenny was ill early on but recovered very well and quickly--unlike the Bourbons, the Palms and the Hollands.

Hi everyone! I've been trying to stay caught up with reading posts but haven't posted anything in a long time. I had posted quite a while ago about wanting to sell my son's flock of ancona ducks. As of today we are now in a situation where we must find them a new home. I believe there are 12 ducks, 3 or 4 being drakes. We got them as ducklings from Strombergs in June 2013. We're getting a few eggs every day or so right now. We also have a number of junior Silver Fox rabbits we're needing to sell as well. Please PM me if interested in either the ducks or rabbits!

Hi everyone! I've been trying to stay caught up with reading posts but haven't posted anything in a long time. I had posted quite a while ago about wanting to sell my son's flock of ancona ducks. As of today we are now in a situation where we must find them a new home. I believe there are 12 ducks, 3 or 4 being drakes. We got them as ducklings from Strombergs in June 2013. We're getting a few eggs every day or so right now. We also have a number of junior Silver Fox rabbits we're needing to sell as well. Please PM me if interested in either the ducks or rabbits!

I wish I were ready and setup for that many ducks. As it is...

Hope you sort things out soon.

Back
Top Bottom