INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Completely aside from normal chat.....we have decided we would like to add a pug puppy to our family. Anyone know of a good breeder? I will travel to purchase it. I haven't kept a dog since Belle our LGD, she left went with my goats. Youngest DD still has her.

I stumbled across your cat thread the other day. Very cute!

He is pretty irresistible, isn't he? Such a sweetheart for a stray that turned up out of the woods one day. My handsome boy :love

1657115901028.png

PIPD!!!! I am so glad to see you post!

Aww, good to see you posting again, too! ❤️ It feels like it's been forever!!

Hello all!! New to the Indiana group. Someone was kind enough to direct me here. Can anyone tell me where I might find heritage breeds for sale on the west side of Indianapolis?
Thanks so much!!

He is pretty irresistible, isn't he? Such a sweetheart for a stray that turned up out of the woods one day. My handsome boy :love

View attachment 3175768

Aww, good to see you posting again, too! ❤️ It feels like it's been forever!!
Wow I didn’t realize he was a stray! I just figured he was purebred Himalayan or something.
Hello all!! New to the Indiana group. Someone was kind enough to direct me here. Can anyone tell me where I might find heritage breeds for sale on the west side of Indianapolis?
Thanks so much!!
I agree with the suggestion for Craigslist, but sometimes that is slim pickings. If Facebook didn’t annoy me so much, I would look there. And I actually do look there if I really want a specific breed and can’t find any on CL. After months of looking for Speckled Sussex and Tolbunt Polish, I broke down and checked FB, and found two people for each of those 2 breeds on my first try.

You probably have to join the poultry groups. I’m in Central Indiana Poultry Enthusiasts, Central Indiana Chickens, Southern Indiana something or other, and Indiana Chicken Swap. I’m sure there are others.

Wow I didn’t realize he was a stray! I just figured he was purebred Himalayan or something.

Yup, he just turned up one day back in October last year! It's unfortunately quite common for people to dump cats in my area around all the nearby barns. :hmm He's such a striking cat, though, that we had him checked for a microchip, left his description at the county shelter, and I spent months scouring lost pet listings every day just in case he slipped out and someone was out there looking for him, and nothing ever came up. As far as I know, he's just your basic domestic longhair, but a lot of people think he's pure or part Ragdoll. All I know is I absolutely adore him regardless of what he is. :love

Yup, he just turned up one day back in October last year! It's unfortunately quite common for people to dump cats in my area around all the nearby barns. :hmm He's such a striking cat, though, that we had him checked for a microchip, left his description at the county shelter, and I spent months scouring lost pet listings every day just in case he slipped out and someone was out there looking for him, and nothing ever came up. As far as I know, he's just your basic domestic longhair, but a lot of people think he's pure or part Ragdoll. All I know is I absolutely adore him regardless of what he is. :love
That was very thoughtful of you to search for his owners. It’s sad if he was dumped, but even more sad if he was lost.

That was very thoughtful of you to search for his owners. It’s sad if he was dumped, but even more sad if he was lost.

I agree. I would have looked either way, but when he showed up, it was not long after my last cat, Keiko, had passed away and I was still hurting a lot from missing her. I couldn't bear the thought of causing that kind of hurt for someone else, so I tried to do everything I could to find an owner if he was someone's lost pet. ❤️

Hey, since it's been a long time since I've shared any of my birds, I thought I would post the pictures I took the other day of my month-old growouts for my silkied Cochins! 😁 I've got a couple chicks in there (the ones labeled G1 and G2) out of my own birds, but most of these are from shipped eggs. Looking like lots of cockerels, unfortunately, but I guess that just means I'll have plenty of boys to choose from for this breeding group. I'm especially excited for Blue 4 out of these chicks because I'm hoping to work toward lighter Blues like her in my silkied Cochins, so she represents an excellent start toward that goal! You can see that the other Blues are quite dark, almost looking Black, which is a pretty common issue with silkie-feathered Blue chickens in general and something I'm hoping to improve in my silkied Blues.

black chicks collage.jpg
blue chicks collage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom