DSCN0500.jpg

DSCN0501.jpg

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0506.jpg

DSCN0510.jpg

DSCN0513.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg

DSCN0526.jpg

we had to much fun glad to have met everyone.

Oooh, I'm sad we missed the pinata! Glad so many of you took pics of that, though.

Macnugget, thanks for the incubator info! I'll look her up.
smile.png

Kathleen what a great idea for the leftover food--great, great, great. You're definitely an extraordinarily kind and thoughtful person. Your hubby is lucky to have you--and you him. He did a LOT of work to get ready for a bunch of strangers to invade your home! You guys are great. Hope we get the chance to meet again!

And next time I'll have chickens of my own.

Alina

The quail eggs that were there were Coturnix eggs right? I'd like to kno because I plan on hatching some
smile.png
and I need to get the temp and incubation days right.

Great pics Nick & Cheryl! Thanks so much for posting them!

Alina, we are sorry you missed it too. Hopefully we can get together agin soon!

Ok, I have a very important question!~!
Who did the MIA chicken belong to? Our neighbors saw it this evening and came over to get us. We tried to catch it but it was close to dark so hopefully we can catch it tomorrow.

Quote:
Yep, that would be us. I was just bummed out that we didn't have very many peppers on yet so we could do more. The holder the peppers were in is the key to cooking them. We found it at Gander Mountain in the grill section and we wish we had two of them.
He just hulls out the peppers and fill them with Cream cheese and put them in the pepper cooker and onto the grill for about 30 min-40 min, until the peppers are cooked. We also added dried beef to those as well. We've put a number of combinations with the cream cheese in them in the past. Cream cheese and pineapple are good in them as well. Be creative with them!! Any kind of cream cheese based dip would probably be good.

Beckt, you can also go to the produce stand and get a few peppers to practice on while you're waiting for yours to grow!

Quote:
Yes, they were coturnix eggs. They take about 18 days to hatch, same temp as chickens. They seem to like a bit higher humidity though, at least 50% during incubation and at least 65% for the hatch. Brooder temp at 98* the first 3-5 days. They can go outside at 3 weeks old, as long as they have protection from the rain.
smile.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom