Indio Gigante broodiness

That's what I had assumed. Just wasn't sure as this is my first "natural" and unplanned hatch. The Indio roo was/is the only male of what remains of our mixed flock. I guess we have been blessed will be raising Indios.
While it’s sad the other chickens passed in the incident new life is always very exciting! My condolences on your loss but I wish you nothing but the best with your newly established flock family! Like I said before please update this thread further as your lovely chicks mature!

I’ll be watching!

Attachments

• IMG_1577.jpeg
    IMG_1577.jpeg
    465.9 KB · Views: 1
Not quite a month ago we had a fox devastate and take half of our flock. We thought our dear "Christmas", a hen, amongst the gone. This afternoon, however, my son breathlessly enters the house and orders, "Come now"! He directs me to dear Christmas, looking much worse for the wear and with her are 7 beautiful babies. Apparently Indios can be clever, broody and very maternal. We gathered everyone up, and I am currently trying to find out if they should be separated or not due to moms size and weight. BUT she and nature have gotten them this far so I am looking for advice. The chicks look to be all of a day or two old but are eating and drinking well. Thoughts anyone?
Howdy just checking in! How're the chicks n mama doin? No complications or losses so far I hope.

Back
Top Bottom