Injured Guinea Fowl, advice needed: Broke toenails, swollen 5 times to large foot, bumblefoot?

NinjaGamer2022

Songster
Apr 30, 2022
Somehow my Guinea Fowl broke it's toenail a day or so ago. It's foot was only a tiny bit inflamed, so I hoped I would recover seamlessly.
Today while I was spending time with my flock, I noticed the Guinea Fowl's foot was 5x too large.

Is there anything I can do? Does it need put down? I am more than willing to baby it if needed. My Guinea Fowls are my pets, and I will do what I can to help them.
Sadly I will say this in advance, I am unable to take it to a vet at this time......

Here are some pictures, thank you.
Screenshot 2023-04-02 12.57.20 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-02 12.57.46 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-02 12.57.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-02 12.57.57 PM.png

I'm sorry for the late update. My guinea fowl seems to be getting better. I did the treatment for a few days then things got busy in my none bird related life.
I have been still keeping a close eye on that guinea fowl and it seems to be improving!
I will continue the espom salt bathes treatments.
Later one I plan to post pictures of my sweet guinea fowl on thread.
Thank you for you help and time!

The clean water and Epsom salts will work well as a soak. After the bath, blot the foot dry and spray Vetericyn wound spray. Also, clean conditions in the coop will help with the healing.

Back
Top Bottom