Injuries juvenile crow in my yard (picture) what should I do?

Streetview

Chirping
5 Years
May 17, 2014
Federal Way, Washington State
It's not moving but is breathing. The mom/dad and this young one are in my yard every day eating. My dog was out earlier but I don't think she got him because the only way I happened to find him was I just let my dog out and she was looking for a place to do her business and suddenly was smelling something black in the grass with great caution. It's always been missing feathers and I don't see any wounds.

It's not moving but is breathing. The mom/dad and this young one are in my yard every day eating. My dog was out earlier but I don't think she got him because the only way I happened to find him was I just let my dog out and she was looking for a place to do her business and suddenly was smelling something black in the grass with great caution. It's always been missing feathers and I don't see any wounds.
I would call Department of Fish and Game or the State vet and have that bird tested for bird flu.

-Kathy

It's possible it may have flown into a window or something and be stunned. Can you keep your dog out of the area? It may recover on its own.

I thought for sure it was dying. I walked up to it twice and my dog the once (she is in her kennel now) and it didn't move except breath. Well, it was there 2 minutes ago and now its gone. Searched the whole yard. Looks like it was just stunned. Phew! Thanks for the replies. I felt really bad for it. We saved one of its parents from the phone line a few months back (someone had thrown fishing line up there and left it, and the bird has his wing wrapped and was hanging by his wing)

Back
Top Bottom