Inside coop walls?

I would think the moisture and wet poo, would ruin it PDQ. Maybe if you could get some vinyl ( sp) or plastic type wall paper covering, or a realy good thick layer of high gloss paint. I just used plywood inside mine.

I have paneling on the walls of my main coop. Was a playhouse to start with but I like it & it looks nice. I don't think drywall would be good either I would worry about mold or mildew if it gets wet. Does your already have it installed? If so maybe painting it would help.

Drywall will get moldy. They have type X drywall which has a fire rating and is semi water proof. They use this a lot in fire/party walls in buildings. It may last longer if you really want to use drywall but you should really use something else.

Jeremy

Quote:
No right now I don't have anything on the inside I was hoping to not have to put anything but I could get drywall cheaper then plywood/OSB thats why I was asking, Never thought about the moisture problem makes since now that you guys reminded me I was just thinking about the chickens chewing it. If I have to put anything up or not depends on the temp I can keep it at inside there. I guess I will do the OSB if I must put something in there....

THANKS

I also live in MI. We actually insulated the walls in the coop, and put plywood for the walls and painted it with a good oil paint. The wall behind the roost gets a bit, lets say messy at times. You'll want to be able to wash it down at times!

Back
Top Bottom