International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

today I saw a bird that looked like hawk. my roos were warning the rest of flock like crazy and all of my chickens froze. I looked up and saw huge wings wide open that I have never seen before on the island. there were 2 megpies as well and one started to chase that strange bird and it turned and disappeared behind the hill. I got worried as I never close my coops and my chickens get up and go out as they wish. I heard that crows chase away hawks and just have looked in internet, megpies belong to the crows family. the island is full of them.

today I saw a bird that looked like hawk. my roos were warning the rest of flock like crazy and all of my chickens froze. I looked up and saw huge wings wide open that I have never seen before on the island. there were 2 megpies as well and one started to chase that strange bird and it turned and disappeared behind the hill. I got worried as I never close my coops and my chickens get up and go out as they wish. I heard that crows chase away hawks and just have looked in internet, megpies belong to the crows family. the island is full of them.

yeah my friend from Greece ,if there is Magpies in the island that you don t have to worries about the hawk . they will take care of him .

you are alright Magpie are from the crow family .

I like Magpie ,they play with my chooks . they know the chooks aren t smart ,so they mack around with them . the cockerels thing they can catch them . I don t think so .

has the eggs arrived from France ?

cheers
chooks man

yeah my friend from Greece ,if there is Magpies in the island that you don t have to worries about the hawk . they will take care of him .

you are alright Magpie are from the crow family .

I like Magpie ,they play with my chooks . they know the chooks aren t smart ,so they mack around with them . the cockerels thing they can catch them . I don t think so .

has the eggs arrived from France ?

cheers
chooks man

thanks for the information. I am going to feed megpies from now on. I have never seen them in the chicken's run but they made a hole in the dog's feed bag and ate some. smart birds. last summer they stole a duck's egg, lol.

the eggs still haven't arrived. there was a national holiday on friday so tracking service is not available.

@Chooks man the eggs from france arrived to the post office yesterday. I hope they are in good shape. I will get them tomorrow. our post office is open monday to friday only.

btw, luna laid another #6!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom