International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Hi evry one .
Can any body help me to contact Branda Littlepeddler. I don know where to find her .the email is not going through .

Cheers
Chooks man

I was trying to search out this info for you. On her facebook page, she directs a lot of folks to her website.
$125 /6 eggs
$175/12 eggs
$595/10 chicks

Like oly fugggggg $600 for 10 freaking chicks. Das insaneeee. Had no idea LP's were so much money.
However, it looks like Brenda is responding to people's posts within 20 minutes on facebook. Maybe try her there if you use the website. Sorry if you don't.

She's taking orders now, but not sure how long that will last. Why are they so expensive? And that's not to knock anyone's program who has spent that much time perfecting a line or whatever. I guess I like that she shows realistic pictures of the eggs you are getting. But its also disheartening to think that even someone charging about six hundred dollars for 10 chicks still cannot get all of their eggs to be dark dark mahogany consistently. Her birchens look beautiful though...I might have to snag some of those.

I was trying to search out this info for you. On her facebook page, she directs a lot of folks to her website.
$125 /6 eggs
$175/12 eggs
$595/10 chicks

Like oly fugggggg $600 for 10 freaking chicks. Das insaneeee. Had no idea LP's were so much money.
However, it looks like Brenda is responding to people's posts within 20 minutes on facebook. Maybe try her there if you use the website. Sorry if you don't.

She's taking orders now, but not sure how long that will last. Why are they so expensive? And that's not to knock anyone's program who has spent that much time perfecting a line or whatever. I guess I like that she shows realistic pictures of the eggs you are getting. But its also disheartening to think that even someone charging about six hundred dollars for 10 chicks still cannot get all of their eggs to be dark dark mahogany consistently. Her birchens look beautiful though...I might have to snag some of those.

I would probably spend $595 on 10 chicks and they would all be roosters!!!
th.gif

Bad luck has struck, yet again. Mud, my only FRF cockerel is not doing good. I will give him a few days to see if he will pull through, but I fear the worst. When I went to feed and collect eggs today his comb and the back of his head was bloody. He doesn't act well and seems "off". If I didn't know any better I would swear he had been in a fight with another rooster, but that is impossible. Unless he has fit with a varmint through the wire, I cannot explain his injuries. When I picked him up he felt thin also. He always has a hearty appetite, until today. He has been wormed and all the other chickens in those coops are big and healthy.

Maybe he started getting ill and one of the LA pullets beat him up? I know chickens often pick on the weak. He is currently in a smaller pen away from the pullets so he can rest, and hopefully recover.

I have several blue copper chicks from Mud, but only two black copper eggs currently in the incubator from him and my FRF pullet. If it weren't for that egg eating easter egger, I would have more.

somad.gif
hit.gif
somad.gif

Last edited:
Bad luck has struck, yet again. Mud, my only FRF cockerel is not doing good. I will give him a few days to see if he will pull through, but I fear the worst. When I went to feed and collect eggs today his comb and the back of his head was bloody. He doesn't act well and seems "off". If I didn't know any better I would swear he had been in a fight with another rooster, but that is impossible. Unless he has fit with a varmint through the wire, I cannot explain his injuries. When I picked him up he felt thin also. He always has a hearty appetite, until today. He has been wormed and all the other chickens in those coops are big and healthy.

Maybe he started getting ill and one of the LA pullets beat him up? I know chickens often pick on the weak. He is currently in a smaller pen away from the pullets so he can rest, and hopefully recover.

I have several blue copper chicks from Mud, but only two black copper eggs currently in the incubator from him and my FRF pullet. If it weren't for that egg eating easter egger, I would have more.

somad.gif
hit.gif
somad.gif

So sorry to hear that!! I hope he recovers, and quickly!

I think you done the right thing by Otis.
you ll get a nice pullet ,well colored from the mating to a Blue copper hen without hackle .they ll lay a dark egg for sure around 25% of them will be darker than they parent stock . you just have to hatch this pullets and let them grow .

I have a great result mating Djabel ( over colored English type BCM to the Blue copper hens without hackle. a lot pullet start to show coppery hackles at early stage 4/5 weeks of age .plus no presence of any parasitic white ( my Blue copper hens have a white feathers on the wings .) Djabel correct that .

good luck to you with your hatch

Chooks man

Thanks Chooks Man! The results with your pairing makes me excited that I may see a similar result in Otis's pairing.

Keith

Ugh, that hits WAY too close to home! I got 4 chicks from GFF ($240), and I'm almost positive they're all boys. And I already have plenty of nice cockerels!! Sigh,they're the most expensive chicken dinner I ever bought.

So Sorry! I know how you feel I bought 50 chicks one time and there was only like 3 pullets!!! It wasn't that much money but close. Then I was stuck with 47 roosters!!!
hmm.png

somad.gif
hit.gif
somad.gif

I am So Sorry! I hope he recovers soon!
hugs.gif

Bad luck has struck, yet again.  Mud, my only FRF cockerel is not doing good.  I will give him a few days to see if he will pull through, but I fear the worst.  When I went to feed and collect eggs today his comb and the back of his head was bloody.  He doesn't act well and seems "off".  If I didn't know any better I would swear he had been in a fight with another rooster, but that is impossible.  Unless he has fit with a varmint through the wire, I cannot explain his injuries.  When I picked him up he felt thin also.  He always has a hearty appetite, until today.  He has been wormed and all the other chickens in those coops are big and healthy. 

Maybe he started getting ill and one of the LA pullets beat him up?  I know chickens often pick on the weak.  He is currently in a smaller pen away from the pullets so he can rest, and hopefully recover.  

I have several blue copper chicks from Mud, but only two black copper eggs currently in the incubator from him and my FRF pullet.  If it weren't for that egg eating easter egger, I would have more. 

:mad: :hit :mad:  

I'm so sorry to hear Mud is not doing well. Hopefully some R&R and your TLC will help him recover. He could be thin because he's preoccupied with breeding his girls. My Angus bull drops about 200 pounds during breeding season because he's too busy patrolling his girls to eat. Never really thought about it before but I guess the same could go for chickens.

Keith

Back
Top Bottom