International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

They all look great Chooks Man
1f44d-1f3fc.png

thank you
.they are happy and healthy.

I have a lot to chose from .

chooks man

here some up date on my marans chicks .they are big now. my favorite black copper and blue copper Zambezi X Norway Zambezi X Tabarine Zambezi X Norway Zambezi X Soumaya. Zambezi X Shakeara.love his copper Shamrock X Bordeau Blue copper in the middle .son of Samir X Sofie I m well pleased chooks man awesome, I'm so jealous. looks like you got it figured out.

@Chooks man
Would you mind posting a pic of your best full grown BCM hen? I'm excited to get my new chicks on Saturday & I want something to compare them to as they grow. Obviously no rush lol. They will be straight run so hopefully I'll get at least one hen
1f633.png

I don t have a good photos Black copper marans hen in this new lap top .I have to transfer all the old stuff into this new one .

but I have a photos of other marans hens with great type to show what to look for as body type

Blue copper hen and Splash copper . both have a long body . deep chest . long back . nice thin pointed tail well placed . .nice hackle on the blue copper hen . Black copper hen should look like a blue one ,just replace the blue with a black .

Sari .she have great body type . notice how long and flat is her back .great tail .NOT square neither open . she have a proper marans body type rectangular .

Maggy . Wheaten hen notice she have wide deep chest .true marans type

Bella .a Blue copper marans hen .great type BUT she have high open tail not good. Should be lower ,thinner and pointed . Plus she need more copper on her hackle.

both hen have a good body type.nice tail .

black copper .Blue copper and Birchen are from the same family genetic .
So the black copper hen should look like a birchen with a copper hackle

hope this photos will help you to understand the marans type .

I ll keep posting photos of my youngest BCM pullets and cockerels so you can see what do I look for .

Chooks man

Jack

They are getting bigger! Also, the new chicks from greenfire have some copper on the wings.

Seen on just the Birchen, not the blue Birchen. And mostly just the one, maybe two chicks.

Jack

They are getting bigger! Also, the new chicks from greenfire have some copper on the wings.
Seen on just the Birchen, not the blue Birchen. And mostly just the one, maybe two chicks.

Jack s look good and healthy .love the lacing on his chest and his clear ears tuft .

the copper showing in the birchen chick / chicks is not a good sign , Gold leakage . tag them differently and keep your eye on them

it is a good sign if the Blue Birchen don t have any mossines .

will be nice to get a Blue birchen pullet to mate it to Jack s .

good luck with them

Chooks man

I hope you are wrong about you saying all your 4 chicks are cockerels .
I say there is a pullet or 2 in there .

chooks man

You must have a sixth sense! I don't want to jinx myself, but I *think* at least two of my boys are actually girls!

I'm used to my pullets who have small, darker combs until a good 2-3 months old, so I thought I had all cockerels when my GFF chicks looked like this at 4 weeks:

But they didn't change much from there, so now I'm thinking pullet at 6.5 weeks!

So, obviously, I'm very happy about that!

My first small group of pullets from Pinky Pie are just about 4 months old, and they seem to be half-decent to me. This picture doesn't show it, but their eyes are starting to turn orange-ish red, which makes me happy that they don't have the dark brown eyes of their moms. Though it looks to me like they have really fluffy...underfluff? (I don't know what you call it.) I'll have to work on that.

And here's my little surprise splash. When I opened my box of (supposedly) 6 Lavender Ameraucana chicks from a breeder, I noticed that one had feathered feet. She said her husband must have messed up and put in a Marans by accident. Happily, it turned out to be a pullet, and even better, it's from the Bev Davis line, which is what Pinky and his little flock are. Hopefully she grows up nice so I can have some Blue Coppers!

Back
Top Bottom