International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

@RedBanks I emailed my pic of "Gina" to the breeder and asked him about current development to see what he thought compared to the others . He said he has had some boys that were developing faster than others ,some seemed slow ...his opinion still a chance Gina could be a Gina ...which also means still a chance Gina could be Gino lolol At any rate I'll swap if necessary since a breeding pair was my goal here .
This chickening stuff is tricky !

I also actually really wanted to have a breeding pair of Swedish Flower Hens that was pretty high on my list for a meat bird . But I'm wondering if have two breeding pairs will be a lot of extra work ? I don't really want to get in over my head here ....

Here are my three older pullets. I think they are about 10 to 12 weeks now.
I really am liking the BCM pullet and the splash so far. I like the lacing on the Blue but no copper showing.

20180511_203510.jpg 20180511_203405.jpg 20180511_203357.jpg 20180511_203408.jpg

Well I have that older cockeral and the three hens. He has a sour crop. I treated him for about two weeks. It went way down so I purged the rest out. It felt empty but not draining. I have since stopped treatment. It has filled back up. Bummer!

Sorry to hear about your auto accident but I'm glad you are okay!

My original line B (FRF) cock bird, Mud had a reoccurring impacted crop that resulted in pendulous crop that wouldn't empty adequately. Despite treatment his issues never would resolve and his health was going south so we had to cull him. I'm sorry about your cockerel. It sucks that these things happen. :(

Last edited:
I am missing a hen. One of my originals. I tried looking for feathers but this is a big property. Hate to lose them.

Is it possible she has a hidden nest and is tucked away incubating eggs now? She might turn up in a few weeks with her chicks in tow. This time of year it is very possible. Otherwise if she truly is gone, I'm so sorry you lost your hen. :(

I tried to get some pictures this morning. None of them are very good. It's next to impossible to get decent pictures with the geese playing body guard and circling me lol. My 6 boys and 4 girls...

The boys

View attachment 1383260 View attachment 1383263
This boy is one of my favorites, unfortunately, he has a coronation comb.

View attachment 1383271 View attachment 1383273
The girls

View attachment 1383261 View attachment 1383262 View attachment 1383268 View attachment 1383269

I see some really nice long backs and good tail angles! Most of all I like the pullet to the right of the cream legbar pullet in the last picture. She is going to be a stunner I bet!

Back
Top Bottom