International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Hello all, haven't peeked in in a while. First thing I see is a post from @Chooks man and I was stoked. Glad you are back, love the analysis and knowledge you bring to the thread. @RedBanks glad to see you too! @kfelton0002 my batch is growing out and have exceeded my expectations. I will have to post pics. Absolutely love the pullets, my 2 roos have higher tails than I would prefer but they have great body type and color. Happy happy. Thank you so much.

Hello all, haven't peeked in in a while. First thing I see is a post from @Chooks man and I was stoked. Glad you are back, love the analysis and knowledge you bring to the thread. @RedBanks glad to see you too! @kfelton0002 my batch is growing out and have exceeded my expectations. I will have to post pics. Absolutely love the pullets, my 2 roos have higher tails than I would prefer but they have great body type and color. Happy happy. Thank you so much.

Glad you are liking them and they turned out good. I can still send you more eggs as soon as everybody starts laying again so you can get a cockerel with better tail angle. I just have to shuffle some birds around and wait for the eggs. I haven't gotten a Marans egg in a month. But I have a good group of nice females this year and a pair from Harvey Moore so if you want more eggs I can hook you up. :)

:love
The blue copper hen is gorgeous! Gotta have some.
Thank you, You do need some Blue Coppers. I think I am going to put her with my Cockeral with the white leg band. I don't remember the name I gave him or her. I need to look their names up in my records. I am going to try a hatch from them and see what they throw. That's my plan anyways. Not sure it's a good one but at least I have a plan.

Last edited:
Yea im not mad at them, i'm thankful they volunteer.

I’m sure that’s all it is, but for a show, I’m actually surprised the judge didn’t add the S. :D

I’ve corrected a few people, like on the breed/gender forum, but only if they seem serious about breeding, or if they are looking for more birds or something. Misspelling could cause them to miss out on searches. (Sebright is one of my biggest peeves, all the ways it gets spelled lol) I try to be polite and do it as information, and try not to be snotty about it.

IMG_20180628_105817173_TOP.jpg

I just love the shape of this year old hen. Opinions? She's supposed to be a birchen(black silver) Marans, but she is quite melanized. She looks like a box with a head and tail!

Back
Top Bottom