International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

thank you my friend .I m really pleased . .
how can I not be pleased when I just scored 4 Colombian marans .the rarest marans variety .
my friend who bred them got the parent from me this year when I sold my chooks .but he bred a lot black tail buff only few Colombian .
I asked him to put a silver rooster back with a hens to get more colombian fertile eggs .
they are grteat type and great body marking .some they still have some extra red on them ,not a problem .

my Araucan are British ,crested with the ear muffs and beard . better than the white one I had they did not have a ear muffs .

I m only going to breed few marans varieties this time .I want to focus on my strain I m going to make the MARNECK .

my Marneck will be blend of a Marans .Araucana .Naked neck and Cream Legbar.
how I m going to proceed to make this strain .I ll tell you later when I start .

chooks man

sounds great!

I have got a lavander british araucana boy and girl. I want to create olive eggers so my marans culls go there. what colour chicks can I expect from them (lavander/black copper)?

Hi there all, I've been told this is a good place to ask questions on Marans since you all are experts. I have a Marans chick that has me going back and forth on it's sex... They are near 7 weeks. For the past week I thought this chick was a boy but now it has not gotten a bigger or redder comb..

So how many boys do you see in this photo?
IMG_8038.jpeg

and here's another shot of the chick in question
IMG_8130.jpeg

Thanks!

Hi there all, I've been told this is a good place to ask questions on Marans since you all are experts. I have a Marans chick that has me going back and forth on it's sex... They are near 7 weeks. For the past week I thought this chick was a boy but now it has not gotten a bigger or redder comb..

View attachment 1602712
View attachment 1602715
Thanks!

They all look like boys to me. Definitely boys. Welcome to our group! :D

sounds great!

I have got a lavander british araucana boy and girl. I want to create olive eggers so my marans culls go there. what colour chicks can I expect from them (lavander/black copper)?

they are going to be almost black with a split lavender gene .
if you mate the F1 between them selves than you ll get lavender olive eager .

Lavender gene behave like the recessive white ,need 2 copies to show up.

chooks man

View attachment 1602712
View attachment 1602715
Thanks!

agree with @kfelton0002 all cockerels.

I love they type ,they heads.they eyes and the best of all is they combs .faultless .stunning
the Birchen boy has the best comb .10/10/lovely hackle marking for his age .is going a be a great cockerel I think .let wait for his tail to form and see .

chooks man

55fd3771-5e29-4be9-893f-18cb1073e3b3-png.1602871

@shepherd6567

wow he is stunning his comb let him down .but that ok ,because his body type /body marking and the type of his copper are the best .

body type great .
body marking great
body mass great
type of copper great
head and eyes great not the comb
neck ,well coloured and arched ,look strong .
back nice flat .
wings .great marking .love the richness and the type of the red in there .
lancet .lovely coloured.
tail ,great as a hole package .shape .size and angle all great and correct .
chest .great well deep and pronounced .
leg .well coloured and feathered .correct length .
Plumage .great type lovely black free from any fluff .

Fault ,Comb = the points are too many and not in harmony with each others . the lobe is bad too .not define . mate him to hens with a nice comb regardless of they body colour .even all black .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom