International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I am glad you like him @kfelton0002. He has been my favorite since the beginning. Love his body type, he is massive bodied too. He carries himself with great pride also. @Chooks man what about the white underfluff in his hackles? Is that a DQ trait? Very proud to own him!

Th white fluff is not a DQ in show. It is a fault amongst breeders but no where in the standard does it mention underfluff color. You could show that cockerel and do very well with him in my opinion. He is a dandy! Keep him safe and get lots of babies off him. :)

I talked to Tammy from the club at great length at the show and she made me feel tons better about the white underfluff. I won't be culling a good bird just for white underfluff. There are other things to worry about. Topline, type, size, and mass are my focus for now with my line. Those are the factors that will make or break you the most in show.

Th white fluff is not a DQ in show. It is a fault amongst breeders but no where in the standard does it mention underfluff color. You could show that cockerel and do very well with him in my opinion. He is a dandy! Keep him safe and get lots of babies off him. :)

I talked to Tammy from the club at great length at the show and she made me feel tons better about the white underfluff. I won't be culling a good bird just for white underfluff. There are other things to worry about. Topline, type, size, and mass are my focus for now with my line. Those are the factors that will make or break you the most in show.

Great! No matter what it wasnt a deal breaker for me. He has so many good qualities that are hard to put together. He also just keeps getting better over time.

Great! No matter what it wasnt a deal breaker for me. He has so many good qualities that are hard to put together. He also just keeps getting better over time.

He's a very handsome bird for sure. He should throw you some nice chicks and be an asset to your breeding program. Breed him to hens with good straight combs, no twists and the combs will improve. That is a very small issue that your females can correct.

they are going to be almost black with a split lavender gene .
if you mate the F1 between them selves than you ll get lavender olive eager .

Lavender gene behave like the recessive white ,need 2 copies to show up.

chooks man

great! I can single mate 2 bcm hens to avoid inbreeding. black and lavender olive eggers sound great!

hi every one .here my new marans young flock . I let them out today .they are very happy and healthy too .the little black copper pullet looking tired ,but she is alright .
P1080443.JPG

P1080443.JPG
P1080445.JPG
P1080472.JPG

happy chooks ,happy man

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom