International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I have just got rid of a mean muscovie drake. I loved him but he did not appreciate it. he almost killed a few of my precious ducks (indian runner and chocolate muscovie) and even tried to kill my pair of sebastopol geese. all of them are rare in greece (expensive too).
I would have gotten rid of him also. I wouldn't risk the rest for the one. I have been wanting sebastopol geese but I have enough. I just want to focus on my Marans. I know it's difficult when you get attached to them. I am really surprised this Blue Copper Cockerel is still around. He seems to only challenge me. He is right next to me at all times. If I move at all when he is close. It triggers an attack.

I only have the two Birchen pullets. These are the only pictures I have of them. I will try and get more later.

so you have 2 birchen pullets and 2 cockerels?
are they related?
you don t have a quantity but you have a quality .I started my Birchen line with one hen Scandinavia .

chooks man

I m so pleased the post I wrote helped you .
now you have a magic formula .let them settle in and post photos of them .
I ll help you breed some stunning chooks ,any color you desire . No SOP thing .
be free and express your love for a colourful chooks ,

chooks man

I was going to work with the greek hooded breed with the aim to get them recognized as a breed. then I got warned that I shouldn't. this breed is not recognized because the greek people don't want it. reason: breeding to the sop results in sick chickens due to inbreeding and no out crossing. these lovely birds sleep in the trees and eat what they find. they are healthy so far.

I will still work with them but in full freedom. no sop.

1 of green egger (the most beautiful one) is not feeling so well. I am treating them all. I guess she/they have mycoplasma. almost all of birds in greece have MG (even the vaccinated ones get it). they come from the same island where I live. she was eating so I hope she will get well.

Chooks man
Yes, I have two Birchen pullets and two Birchen cockerels. They are probably related. I also have several blue Birchen pullets from a different line but they are not clean silver. They will go in laying pen.

That would be awsome. I wonder how difficult that would be?

It is not that difficult ,because your boys do have a pure silver and a lot of it .

mate your blue birchen pullets to your birchen cockerels and keep only the pullets and mate them back to they sire or the other cockerel .
do that new time and you ll have a pure Blue birchen pullets and cockerels .

pullets will inherit they silver from they sire .
the cockerels will inherit they silver from both parent ,it is a reason why they are not going pure in the first 2 generation .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom