International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Beautiful eggs! Dark color, round shape and spots. What not to love about them. Nice Job!

Thank you! I am happy with all of the eggs I am getting from them. I can't wait to get some Marans chicks from them. :D

I set some of Jolie's eggs 3 weeks ago and they were due today and none hatched. All clears. Gotta figure out what the problem is there. There are 2 of Malika's eggs in the incubator as well due next week I think. It would be a miracle if even one of them hatched. She had just started laying when she unexpectedly died. :(

More eggs from the 3 pullets I am cleaning out. Very happy with their color. The blue copper's egg shape could be better but it is getting better with each generation. The blue copper line started with females that laid kindof elongated eggs.

How long do you allow for clean out and how long before you start collecting once new roo is introduced?
View attachment 2039578

Top left is from yellow band.
Top right from blue copper
Bottom two from 004.

They'll go in with their assigned males this weekend. :)

They big and .
More eggs from the 3 pullets I am cleaning out. Very happy with their color. The blue copper's egg shape could be better but it is getting better with each generation. The blue copper line started with females that laid kindof elongated eggs.

View attachment 2039578

Top left is from yellow band.
Top right from blue copper
Bottom two from 004.

They'll go in with their assigned males this weekend. :)

They are gorgeous. Your Blue hen lay similar egg to my Splash hen Dalakhania. Great stuff
Chooks man

I took collard greens out to the Silver pen. In the middle of the house was my best Blue Silver hen. I am sure this was my reaction! :eek: She was hanging upside down from one foot by a cord that use to hang a feeder. I don't know how long she had been hanging there or how she managed that!!! I got her undone and held her a bit. She was very calm and seemed to enjoy the cuddle. Poor baby! She hobbled after I put her down but she is doing much better now. The things they can get themselves into seems endless.

Back
Top Bottom