International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I have Black and Blue Copper. I also have Black and Blue Silver.
I have had Black Coppers for 3 years and think it is time for some Blue Copper. After all this Covid-19 is over I would like to get some Blue Copper . We are both in Washington State. If I remember right you are near Yakima. I would be willing to do a long road trip. Just asking because you said earlier that you were down sizing. Thanks in advance TOM ps will try to update my profile with e-mail

I have had Black Coppers for 3 years and think it is time for some Blue Copper. After all this Covid-19 is over I would like to get some Blue Copper . We are both in Washington State. If I remember right you are near Yakima. I would be willing to do a long road trip. Just asking because you said earlier that you were down sizing. Thanks in advance TOM ps will try to update my profile with e-mail

the good thing is you can keep bbs in the same pen.

I am downsizing but not my Coppers at this point. I have 5 hens that I am going to use for breeders. Blaze bc rooster over 3 blcm one is the original hen two are last years hatch. I also have Nimbus blcm rooster over two bc and will be moving the older hen from Blazes pen to use in Nimbus pen. Game plan anyways! Chooksman is the genius behind my breeding plan. I have to let everyone know. They are not perfect and need work. Blaze and Nimbus both lost all their tail feathers. They where lots of damaged tail feathers. From the wire and roost being way too close to wire. They have grown in but they both have part white tail feathers now. I am hoping just from the damage but It could be parasitic white.

Last edited:
I actually only have one or two laying. I did just put 11 eggs in the Incubator a couple days ago. Curious to see how they grow out. I am willing to share but maybe need to grow a few out first.

Last edited:
I actually only have one or two laying. I did just put 11 eggs in the Incubator a couple days ago. Curious to see how they grow out. I am willing to share but maybe need to grow a few out first.
Thank you, Marchick
I think we may have started this about the same time. I got my birds from Brian Parks all BCM I have 16 pullets that are laying They are 11 months and I have 3 hens that are 2 years old. We got 12 Marans eggs yesterday.
I have 1 rooster that is 2 in March. I have 3 roosters that are a year old. Arthur lost most of his comb last year and all of his comb this year!! We get very cold here on the east side. -13 this winter -17 last year.
My oldest rooster, Arthur, now has white tail feathers and a lot of white in the wing feathers. He never had a white feather on his body for a year and a-half!! I am hoping it is from all the winter stress and every thing will molt out.
His son is one year old and has no white feathers. I have not paired any birds up for this year. All my roosters from last year were very aggressive and we processed all but three. Arthur's son seems to be less aggressive time will tell. The other two look like they will be culls.

Thank you, Marchick
I think we may have started this about the same time. I got my birds from Brian Parks all BCM I have 16 pullets that are laying They are 11 months and I have 3 hens that are 2 years old. We got 12 Marans eggs yesterday.
I have 1 rooster that is 2 in March. I have 3 roosters that are a year old. Arthur lost most of his comb last year and all of his comb this year!! We get very cold here on the east side. -13 this winter -17 last year.
My oldest rooster, Arthur, now has white tail feathers and a lot of white in the wing feathers. He never had a white feather on his body for a year and a-half!! I am hoping it is from all the winter stress and every thing will molt out.
His son is one year old and has no white feathers. I have not paired any birds up for this year. All my roosters from last year were very aggressive and we processed all but three. Arthur's son seems to be less aggressive time will tell. The other two look like they will be culls.
Yes, I think we did start about the same time. I tried to get eggs or chicks from Brian but it never happened. He must be a buisy man.The line I have now started from Harvey Moore. I bred them last year and ended up with some nice birds. Three varieties where too much for me to work with. So all but one white hen is gone. When these guys get going and stop freeloading. I should be able to help you guys.

Back
Top Bottom