International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

when you say wheaten are F3 . they are not from pure wheaten stock? or cross between wheaten lines?
we used F1/2/3 etc .........when we working with a cross .
if we working with pure strain we use Back cross .BC1/2/3 etc..................... your wheaten look pure to me they don t seem to carry any parasitic coloration from other varieties .

silver and golden crele make sense they are f2 .they are a blend of 2 varieties
how your solid black come to be ? sire Black or Dam black ?

chooks man
Well you could say bc3 for the wheatens, I've done no crosses since I've been working with that line. The blacks aren't crossed either, they come off all black stock. They are my first generation working with blacks.

Been busy around here, gearing up for spring! Doing lots of hatching... And my parents are stuck in New South Wales for now until possibly June unless something magical happens. They went to go visit friends, and we're supposed to be back by March 31. At least they are on a big farm outside of Tooma and not near very many people.
IMG_20200322_192619285.jpg

Mixed marans and poults.

Been quiet lately. Hope everyone had a nice Easter holiday.

same to you .
haven t been able to go to the farm because of driving restriction around Easter holiday . I m going tomorrow . it is ok to drive .

lot pullets are laying ,I don t know what type of eggs I m getting hard to tell from the photos .

stay safe.
chooks man

1EEEE66C-492E-43F2-A5F7-B9E658E1147F.jpeg

Fluffy butts all over. These are the first pure BCM of this year, Kfelton’s cockerel over my two hens. Excited to see the results. Great fertility and hatch rate, 13 set, 1 clear and 1 failed to thrive at hatch. 11 healthy chicks. Should be able to set another 14-16 eggs this weekend. Hatch down varies with these from almost all black/gray to some with a good amount of white on face.

1235EC9F-EA8B-421A-8F98-C7FA290919CF.jpeg

520E7F4F-B19B-4813-ACF9-49CE28919A03.jpeg

I hope everyone is healthy and surviving our “new normal”. Whatever kind of normal this is.

View attachment 2091258

Fluffy butts all over. These are the first pure BCM of this year, Kfelton’s cockerel over my two hens. Excited to see the results. Great fertility and hatch rate, 13 set, 1 clear and 1 failed to thrive at hatch. 11 healthy chicks. Should be able to set another 14-16 eggs this weekend. Hatch down varies with these from almost all black/gray to some with a good amount of white on face.

View attachment 2091298

View attachment 2091299

I hope everyone is healthy and surviving our “new normal”. Whatever kind of normal this is.
Congratulations! I have 10 eggs in lockdown. I have 4 blcm and 2 bcm hatch so far. I am not sure if the last 4 will hatch. They are all from Blaze and Ruby.

View attachment 2091258

View attachment 2091298

View attachment 2091299

they are nice .they have enough white but not all over the place .
we don t want the chicks with too much white on the faces or mostly white .
impressive fertility . happy for you .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom