International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

DSC00314.JPG
DSC00316.JPG

his half brother . second best .different style .shorter on his feet more compact . very heavy . great mass .like a tank .
named him Scorpio .
chooks man

DSC00308.JPG
DSC00309.JPG

Black copper cockerel .Group #2 sired by Big Blue over Gazelle .his sibling won t let his tail grow .he was slow feathering type any way . I had a big problem with BBlue progeny .
his tail is coming along .his back is a little shorter but he is wide and very very heavy .correct and complete body pattern ,gorgeous copper .
chooks man

BLC cockerel .Blue Mamba .sired by Black Mamba over Dalakhania .he is stunning . his tail in not really full . is open too . good size and good angle .
P1120134.JPG
P1120135 (1).JPG
P1120141 (1).JPG

he inherited a tail from his sire line ,most of BM sons have some sort of open tail not bushy at all at the base .
2 Dalakhania s sons his half brother don t have a tail yet .Big Blue progeny ,he produced some very very late feathering type .he is gone .
I will first mate him to his Dam to restore the tail and reinforce the dark egg gene .
here Dalakhania coming out of the mold. gorgeous tail .
P1120161.JPG

chooks man

5 week old FBCM from the eggs I posted a while back.
View attachment 2096105
5 weeks later
View attachment 2096107
View attachment 2096101View attachment 2096102View attachment 2096103View attachment 2096104
You can really start to tell the Pullets from the Cockerels now.
We had a surprise 3” of snow last night and they have been out playing around in it.

they are chunky .good head and feet .gorgeous .
I like the cockerels showing copper on they hackles .

chooks man

here BLC cockerel I m impressed with . he is 20 weeks old group#4. he has all the trait I m looking for ,he is the best BLC cockerel for sure .View attachment 2100078View attachment 2100079
he is larger than all his hatch mate .

this group is very hard to photograph ,they run away as I get close to them ,semi-wild . I gave them too much space too early .

chooks man

Some fantastic blue in this group. Loving the BLC more and more.

Some fantastic blue in this group. Loving the BLC more and more.

I m lucky most of my BLC have a correct Blue { Pigeon Blue} only few have a darker Blue .
third of my marans are BLC .from them I will breed a BC in the future .
BLC pullet from the youngest group #6 . great type .
DSC00294.JPG

another pullet .
DSC00357.JPG

DSC00362.JPG
DSC00366.JPG

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom