International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

My old girl, Queen has started laying again. Hopefully I'll get some chicks from her and DA. :fl:fl:fl

20200608_094606.jpg

Hey chooks man, what’s the age difference in tbese three boys in this post?

the Splash copper is a adult rooster he is the fathers of the white cockerels in pen#2 Golden boy pen .
the 2 cockerels are = the BLC 7 months old .the red one is 6 and half months old .
I always pen the cockerels of a same age { 2 to 3 weeks difference in age is allowed } with a adult rooster to keep them calm and mannered . other wise they will fight all time .
it is not healthy for the cockerels to be penned by them selves ,they need adult bird with them .
chooks man

the Splash copper is a adult rooster he is the fathers of the white cockerels in pen#2 Golden boy pen .
the 2 cockerels are = the BLC 7 months old .the red one is 6 and half months old .
I always pen the cockerels of a same age { 2 to 3 weeks difference in age is allowed } with a adult rooster to keep them calm and mannered . other wise they will fight all time .
it is not healthy for the cockerels to be penned by them selves ,they need adult bird with them .
chooks man
Great info about housing together.

okay so my question is the red one. He is a TANK! Is that the variety specifically or are you working more utility with his line? He really begs my attention!

Great info about housing together.

okay so my question is the red one. He is a TANK! Is that the variety specifically or are you working more utility with his line? He really begs my attention!

the red one is a new variety I m trying to develop . Red Marans .
I had to make few marans cross to achieve stage one .they all turn up to be big heavy birds ,bonus .

if you house the roosters together and pen them with hens only in breeding season ,your rooster will live longer and stay healthier .

keeping the rooster with hens all year around is a very bad practice .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom