International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

@Punkybrewster im so sorry about your flock. :(

which is more desirable for an egg... one with spots that reach a darker number or an egg with uniform color that isn’t as dark as another’s spots?

View attachment 2203072

they are both desirable . both type are worth breeding for . good shape .
happy for you
chooks man

Were around the 2 week old mark and no symptoms from my new batch of hatched chicks.

I think i can start to relax now.

I was almost positive the MC came from those shipped chicks but then i started over thinking.

My ccl chicks were in a brooding coop with no contact to the sick marans and are now almost 2 months old. I have been monitoring them just in case and have not seen any symptoms.

Lesson learned, I am wiser now but it came at a cost.

managed to catch a third Solid Black pullet today laying good dark egg #6 .well happy .out of 6 pullets ,3 so far are laying good 5 and 6 eggs . all those 3 pullets are great big type . Black Mamba they sire has a dark egg genes and big body type .
tomorrow my friend is bringing the eggs from the farm to my place .I will take few photos .

Black Mamba s breeding line is ON .
chooks man

P1120916.JPG

P1120917.JPG

same photos .one with flash , the other without it . those are the 8 darkest eggs from the 3 black pullets . well happy about them .
here the list of faults this line have . open tails { not the pullets } . double point comb . parasitic white .
the most important thing to do is to add some good birds to cross with to widen up they genes pool .
pullets 3 so far with be crossed to a Dark blue silver cuckoo . he excels in the area they are lucking . good comb .no parasitic white and great tail .no related to them . they will produce 50 % black and blue plus 50% cuckoo black and blue .
cockerels { now I know they sisters lays good colored eggs } I ll mate them to 2 best Silver cuckoo pullets and they mothers Shivas and Ravendale .
the sire Black Mamba will be mated to BLC dark eggs layer and big girls to create a new line .
those are my plans any way .hope I can get them done this breeding season
chooks man.

PS = egg color= 5 and 6

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom