International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Their copper is just not good. Not a nice copper color and not a lot of it. I will try to remember to get pictures tomorrow.

I will show a comparison of my 2 rooster lines.

If my bad looking roosters with no white begin to show any white, then they will certainly be culled. They are not worth keeping but their father had none so I am hoping they will not either. We will see. They are about 1 year old now.

Parasitic white is very common. There are some breeders here in the U.S who do not have it in their flock.
Or so I am led to believe. I could be wrong on that. Maybe no one talks about it?
I got it in mine.

Their copper is just not good. Not a nice copper color and not a lot of it. I will try to remember to get pictures tomorrow.

I will show a comparison of my 2 rooster lines.

If my bad looking roosters with no white begin to show any white, then they will certainly be culled. They are not worth keeping but their father had none so I am hoping they will not either. We will see. They are about 1 year old now.

Parasitic white is very common. There are some breeders here in the U.S who do not have it in their flock.
Or so I am led to believe. I could be wrong on that. Maybe no one talks about it?

you can breed them with nice hens from your other line and you will get some nice chicks with nice copper. it will take some time.

This is my line#3 rooster.
Nice type, mass, color and size.
I notice a side sprig on his comb.
Comb is a little large too. Its hot here in the south.
He has a lot of white underfluff and usually a few white tail feathers. His back should be a little longer but he holds his tail lower than pictured most of the time. He is in a pen with hens that need more copper.

20220329_103633.jpg

20220329_103616.jpg

This is my line#3 rooster.
Nice type, mass, color and size.
I notice a side sprig on his comb.
Comb is a little large too. Its hot here in the south.
He has a lot of white underfluff and usually a few white tail feathers. His back should be a little longer but he holds his tail lower than pictured most of the time. He is in a pen with hens that need more copper.

View attachment 3042158
View attachment 3042159
I would breed this rooster all day long. That Copper is phenomenal, perfect, beautiful. You have too bred 1, 000 chics to change a lot, that is why we all will have faults! I will bred what I like and hope they get better. TOM

Back
Top Bottom