International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

This is Waylons offspring #2
I dont like him at all. His tail hangs like this all the time. No worms or mite problem. Lowest in the pecking order and awful color.
I keep him around "just in case" but seeing these pictures, I think I will just cull him.
View attachment 3042198View attachment 3042205View attachment 3042208View attachment 3042210

I love his comb. I guess he keeps his tail like that bc he is shy/low in pecking order. a hen with some copper hackles will match him. don't rush with culling, you can always do that but cannot bring them back.

I would breed this rooster all day long. That Copper is phenomenal, perfect, beautiful. You have too bred 1, 000 chics to change a lot, that is why we all will have faults! I will bred what I like and hope they get better. TOM
Thank you. I have a spare bathroom full of his chicks. I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out.
He is a nice rooster.
Good temperament.
I do wish I had more room to hatch out all season though....you are right 1,ooo's

I love his comb. I guess he keeps his tail like that bc he is shy/low in pecking order. a hen with some copper hackles will match him. don't rush with culling, you can always do that but cannot bring them back.

You are right. I will keep him for now. He is lowest in the pecking order. Shy and nervous all the time.

These are my first marans that I hatched last spring, the hens are laying some gorgeous eggs so I'm incubating some now. Not sure if they are up to SOP but I've really enjoyed them so far. The best rooster I have ever had, my 1yr old son can feed him out of his hand
Screenshot_20220331-222015_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom