International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

hi y'all,
new to marans. got my first black copper chicks 2 weeks ago as day olds. could only afford and have the space for 5 at the moment but we are acquiring a larger property in the near future that will accommodate more.
glad this thread exists although its enormous haha
week 2 jpeg.jpg

hi y'all,
new to marans. got my first black copper chicks 2 weeks ago as day olds. could only afford and have the space for 5 at the moment but we are acquiring a larger property in the near future that will accommodate more.
View attachment 3288528
Welcome to the thread and thank you for sharing with us .
Chooks man

hi y'all,
View attachment 3288528

Welcome!
Yes. This thread is huge but worth reading.🙂

I may not be on byc for a while. I will try to come on when I can. I have been really sick and in so much pain the last 8 days. My doctor sent me to the emergency room. I have a ulcer and my doctor believes it perforated. I am waiting for insurance to approve the tests I need. Blessings to you all my friends! I will be back when I can.
So sorry to hear about your pain. Used to be my chickens may'd me HAPPY!! Now they just make me tired. Cutting way back, did not hatch any this year. TOM

So sorry to hear about your pain. Used to be my chickens may'd me HAPPY!! Now they just make me tired. Cutting way back, did not hatch any this year. TOM
Nice to hear from my friend. We only can do what we can. I did not hatch any thing this year too. Too much trouble.
Chooks man

Thank you Tom! Sometimes we just need a rest. Life gets too much. I hope you feel better about it next year. I enjoy seeing your beautiful birds.

hi y'all,
View attachment 3288528
This chick has nice blue eyes when fully mature will have bright orange eyes.
Chooks man

Has anyone ever wing banded 6 month olds?

I did not plan to keep this second group of pullets, so they are not numbered.
I could just legband them but I like having 2 forms of identification.

If I attempt to wing band them at this age, is it even possible.
Sorry I never done wing band . I m not good to give you advice about it.
Why you need sort of identification ?
Hope some one else can help you.
Chooks man

Back
Top Bottom