International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

are you saying the chooks you postted photos of them with a lot white on them are from LP line ?
chooks man
They were advertised as first and second lines of LP. My question is can you inbreed too much and start getting things you don't want. I am not criticizing. Just questioning. I will send pics of the hens. I have three. I like them, none of them compare to Gabby! LOL

I almost lost the white tag cockerel today. I never thought the young hen turkey would attack him but she did. I finally got the bleeding to stop. His comb looks awful. I have him in a crate in the house. He is eating and drinking. Hen turkey will be going to a new home. I left for a couple hours but my husband was here when it happened.

Thank you Chooks man! I went out early and moved around a lot of birds. Swapping pens and consolidating. I moved the ducks, pheasants and Marans. I have blue band cockerel in with the 3 BC hens and the one Blcm. One large section that the cockerels where in is now empty. I will use that section for the ones I hatch.
good work and great plan,looking forward to see the new chicks.
chooks man

Just a quick question: when they finally open again, can I show French/USA standard (feathered legged) Marans in the UK? I’ve never showed birds but it’s something I’m looking into, so it would be a shame if I can’t take my marans.

Updates on Loki and my pullets coming this weekend if I remember, some good news and some annoying news!
I think you can show them as Frensh marans .
good luck and looking forward to see the photos .
chooks man

They were advertised as first and second lines of LP. My question is can you inbreed too much and start getting things you don't want. I am not criticizing. Just questioning. I will send pics of the hens. I have three. I like them, none of them compare to Gabby! LOL
yes you can inbreed the chooks and keeping then healthy ,to do that a person need great knowledge and sofisticatted breeding programs,
I know LP first line but haven t heard of the second line.
are they from Branda or some one else bought them from her and start breeding them,
chooks man

I almost lost the white tag cockerel today. I never thought the young hen turkey would attack him but she did. I finally got the bleeding to stop. His comb looks awful. I have him in a crate in the house. He is eating and drinking. Hen turkey will be going to a new home. I left for a couple hours but my husband was here when it happened.
that was close call. we can t afford loosing him.
chooks man

Hi friends, I have been debating whether to say this or not. Not many people know this as I haven't told many people. I am going to breed Marans as long as I am able. I really don't want to disappoint everyone especially Chooks man. You have helped me so much. I feel these are as much your Marans as they are mine. I appreciate you so much and all that you do to help everyone. I thank everyone on here for making this group special. I know we have never met but consider you all my friends. My doctor told me that I will be in a wheelchair in a year or two. I believe in Jesus and the power of prayer and I believe He still heals. I will continue breeding Marans until I can't anymore. Thanks everyone! Tomorrow will be the day we thin out the cockerels. Then get breeding pens setup.

I hope you will be like my aunt. about 20 years ago doctor told her she would end up in a wheelchair. she is still on her feet.

praying for you.

hi there. we have a lot of snow. I sort of enjoy that. still no internet at home. I hope nice weather will be back soon so that I can continue with works. 16 coops are half done. all have runs, no jail for my chickens.
Hi chickengr, That's awesome! I need 16 coops! My husband would not go for that though. Lol I hope you get internet soon. Take care my friend!

When your house feels like a barnyard. You got to love having a rooster in your kitchen crowing in the early morning hours! Lol 🐓 He is doing so much better. I am not sure how long to keep him in here. I don't want him to open the spots up. I never seen so much blood from a live bird anyway. He might end up looking awful. Losing parts of his comb they look black. No big cuts just spots bleeding. One blade has a cut on it. It might heal up or it might fall off eventually. Idk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom