International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

hi there. we have a lot of snow. I sort of enjoy that. still no internet at home. I hope nice weather will be back soon so that I can continue with works. 16 coops are half done. all have runs, no jail for my chickens.
yeah my friend 16 coops and runs great job . you are goimg to enjoy your new home , you waitted so long for it . looking forward to see photos on the future
great luck . and hope you are not too much of the snow .
chooks man

When your house feels like a barnyard. You got to love having a rooster in your kitchen crowing in the early morning hours! Lol 🐓 He is doing so much better. I am not sure how long to keep him in here. I don't want him to open the spots up. I never seen so much blood from a live bird anyway. He might end up looking awful. Losing parts of his comb they look black. No big cuts just spots bleeding. One blade has a cut on it. It might heal up or it might fall off eventually. Idk
chooks are tough he will heal up .
chooks man

hi to you all my friends . my chooks only the marans and the CLB hens are travelling tonight ,coming to my new place . this place is the the one I sent the photos before .the farm in the mountain ,this is a differenty place great forest by the beach . it is a trible land , belong to my friends . have been staying here for last 3 month as I m waiting for the montain place to be sortted ,too much papers work ,
I m bringing the marans hens hens first ,built a great hens house for them ,they will rest here it is cooler because of the forest and the beach is only 5 min .we have a great lake too ,lot tres .shade and cool air for them .
in a 5 to 6 weeks I ll bring the roosters and the hybrids birds .
CLB are going to friend of mine ,his girl friend has a good CLB rooster from the import line but she doesn t have oure hens for him .so I offered her to work with my hens we go 50/50 , she agreed , she want to have a Blue eggs layers .
hope the chooks will get her fine ,it is going to be very hot tomorrow 32DC at lunch time , hope they will make t her before that .
i ll take photos of the nerw hen house and the chooks when they get here ,
I m very excitted to see them .
chooks mam

Update time. Boy have they grown. Almost 6 months old if I remember right. Seems like late teenagers who haven’t left their parents house yet being in with the silkies still.

Blue Copper hen: still nice and big, best shanks of the trio. Tidy, small tail and a lovely blue colour, though this hasn’t diluted the copper much.
A527558C-1FD0-4DA9-9376-35EB5A97FFDB.jpeg
04B1880A-74A5-4F6A-A985-9A6540EACA88.jpeg
558B49F2-95ED-4CC3-A6A5-C570B96E6839.jpeg
Black copper: As awful as ever, legs faded a little but still obviously yellow, white patches in foot feathers and just lost white in her tail. Head shape not as good in my opinion, though I’m no expert. A but leaner than the blue.
E0239939-3619-48D4-BE4E-998EED202387.jpeg

And Loki, coming along very well, early to crow and already treading. My concern was his tail, as it seemed too tall earlier in the week, though now looking at it it isn’t as tall as I thought, though still held too high. All colours filling in well, and his comb now holds up. Still got a bit of reddening but getting there - I hope that pale spot on his earlobes goes away.
C9E7E054-7FF5-48DE-8852-CC6E7EC27B6F.jpeg
2C4FAD8F-D541-45F4-8801-7D4FBEB97557.jpeg
C356F2E3-195D-4AE0-8D93-5580CF0A9849.jpeg
71022F66-292C-440C-87B4-715F831EFD71.jpeg

As always, any comments welcome.
Thanks

Attachments

• 07D1B60A-2704-47F9-B808-3E1F730496FA.jpeg
    07D1B60A-2704-47F9-B808-3E1F730496FA.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 2
yes you can inbreed the chooks and keeping then healthy ,to do that a person need great knowledge and sofisticatted breeding programs,
I know LP first line but haven t heard of the second line.
are they from Branda or some one else bought them from her and start breeding them,
chooks man
Some years ago I remember reading that Monique gave Brenda more BCM. Brenda is no longer breeding BCM. She has retired.

Back
Top Bottom