International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Thanks Chooks man. I have used dog panels from turn out pens for a lot of other things, never thought of using them for coop construction.
using pannel it is fastewr and better to work with .I know a guy up here he bring me a lot building stuff ,from roofing sheet ,timber ,sheves pannels etc............... lot of free stuff I don t need to buy nothing just need to build that all .
chooks man

Thank you!
And I completely agree about her needing to do more growing, but I just wanted to get an idea.
I'm glad that she is at least looking along the right lines, so to speak.
I am in the south-east, not that far from the snowy mountains, but I got the pullet from Tasmanian, in the form of fertile eggs.
They were all meant to be Golden Cuckoo, but come out in a surprising about of colours.
Ah south east of NSW , my friend Fiona is from Nowra ,she have great marans ,most of marans come from her .
there is a big difference between Golden cuckoo and Black copper marans .
I will have golden cuckoo fertile eggs this spring I have the F1 silver. golden dark cuckoos I will cross them back to Black copper to get F2 golden cuckoos .
I have a Farm with a my friend down a Highland one hour from Sydney and I m building a farm up here Tweet heads area .
chooks man

Thank you!
And I completely agree about her needing to do more growing, but I just wanted to get an idea.
I'm glad that she is at least looking along the right lines, so to speak.
I am in the south-east, not that far from the snowy mountains, but I got the pullet from Tasmanian, in the form of fertile eggs.
They were all meant to be Golden Cuckoo, but come out in a surprising about of colours.
it is very nice to see some one from Oz in this thread , if you need any help let me know .
chooks man

Ah south east of NSW , my friend Fiona is from Nowra ,she have great marans ,most of marans come from her .
there is a big difference between Golden cuckoo and Black copper marans .
I will have golden cuckoo fertile eggs this spring I have the F1 silver. golden dark cuckoos I will cross them back to Black copper to get F2 golden cuckoos .
I have a Farm with a my friend down a Highland one hour from Sydney and I m building a farm up here Tweet heads area .
chooks man
Good to know!
What is the difference between cuckoo and black copper, except the colour?

Will you have golden cuckoo eggs for sale? I would like a cockerel from different bloodlines, as none of these cockerel turned out very good. (and I don't want to start off with inbreeding, either)
it is very nice to see some one from Oz in this thread , if you need any help let me know .
chooks man
Its very nice to have someone knowledgeable fairly local, too!
So thank you very much for helping me.
If I get some photos of my golden cuckoos as well, could you tell be what you think of them?

Good to know!
What is the difference between cuckoo and black copper, except the colour?

Will you have golden cuckoo eggs for sale? I would like a cockerel from different bloodlines, as none of these cockerel turned out very good. (and I don't want to start off with inbreeding, either)

Its very nice to have someone knowledgeable fairly local, too!
So thank you very much for helping me.
If I get some photos of my golden cuckoos as well, could you tell be what you think of them?
a difference between the cuckoos and a Black copper is just a colour .
yeah I will have golden cuckoo fertile eggs this spring for sure , my line are very large solid bird ,plus they lay very dark eggs , so I will pen you in for a Dz Golden cuckoos this coming breeding season ,
yes you vcan post your golden cuckoo here I will comment on them .here we told any thing marans does not matter what variety .
chooks man

yeah I will have golden cuckoo fertile eggs this spring for sure , my line are very large solid bird ,plus they lay very dark eggs , so I will pen you in for a Dz Golden cuckoos this coming breeding season ,
Thank you very much!
I'll let you know if anything comes up which would interfere with going through with it. (just in case, because I'm not quite sure how things will being going in the spring with me)
yes you vcan post your golden cuckoo here I will comment on them .here we told any thing marans does not matter what variety .
I'll get some pics on monday or tuesday, I'm going to be a bit busy over the weekend, and then will have to catch up when I get back.

Now that is what I call luck.... Chooks man right down the road!
Right!!!, How come I can't be that lucky! My husband probably would be jealous though! I can just see it! Husband: Where are you going now? Over to Chook mans!! Where else would I go? Husband: You practically live there! Me: and your point is.... 🤣 😂 🤣

Now that is what I call luck.... Chooks man right down the road!
Right!!!, How come I can't be that lucky! My husband probably would be jealous though! I can just see it! Husband: Where are you going now? Over to Chook mans!! Where else would I go? Husband: You practically live there! Me: and your point is.... 🤣 😂 🤣
Yes what luck!
Just a tad jealous. 🤣

Yes what luck!
Just a tad jealous. 🤣
Only a tad! Living in Australia and Chooks man close by! I went to womens group in the snow this morning. Life is so unfair!

Attachments

• 20230223_085404.jpg
    20230223_085404.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom