International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Do you think it's a pullet?

Yes I do. Mine are 5 weeks today, also. 😁
The 2 boys...
IMG_20240505_135632.jpg

This one is a mini Kong...
IMG_20240505_135019.jpg

Oooo, that second one had so much copper in his chest💕
Yes, they both might grow out to be over colored like Kong. This is all test mating to see what Kong produces.
With Kong being over colored and Betty having no color I should get correct coloring in their progeny but alas I got no boys from her... 😞 But I'm taking notes on her pullets because 2 of the 3 have a ton of copper in their hatch down but I'm told it should molt out.
IMG_20240505_144844.jpg

I’d love to see them!!
My birds came from a feed store that purchases from Hoover's hatchery. They have been some of the easiest good natured birds I've ever raised. They started laying last fall and have continued all winter and still going strong. Very large eggs right from the start.
The darker spotted eggs are theirs. The others were laid by Cream Legbars, Easter Eggers and Wyandottes.
20240408_145928.jpg

20240319_201229.jpg

Yes, they both might grow out to be over colored like Kong. This is all test mating to see what Kong produces.
With Kong being over colored and Betty having no color I should get correct coloring in their progeny but alas I got no boys from her... 😞 But I'm taking notes on her pullets because 2 of the 3 have a ton of copper in their hatch down but I'm told it should molt out.View attachment 3822163

if they don't molt out there is always a layer's pen.

Back
Top Bottom