Intervention: Helping Your Chicks Hatch

Pics
Ok I kept flipping them the whole time. Oops. Someone told me I still had to but I thought that's if there with no rocker. See I've been really messing up. Poor guys.
Get another thermometer and humidity gauge, calibrate them both... And start over.
No flipping.

I felt that way once too.
:hugs

Don't listen to that person...who told you to flip...anymore.
They don't know what they are talking about.
It was my own daughter who did many yrs in 4h. Guess she didn't do long enough in it.. I will not be listening to her ever again. On this matter!!smh

Sure will do. I'll be going to Walmart tonite and if they dont have what I need I'll order online
They will have it.
They have cheap thermometers in the fish tank section.
I bought both of these at Walmart.

I keep four or six thermometers in my incubator at all times.
having thermometer spread out in the incubator allows you to know where your hot and cold spots are.

Run your incubator empty for three or four days and keep an eye on each thermometer so you know where the hot spots are.

Hot spots will kill A lot faster than a cooler spot.
JPEG_20200212_141221_4868584276332986462.jpg

So sorry for your losses.
Candle again before you open the rest. I saw a couple pics that could still be alive. I agree you need to test to find out the actual temperature inside your incubator. 39.5 could not be accurate or they would never have developed as much as they did. I suspect it was still too high, but obviously some development happened.

Go ahead and lower the temp to 37.5 until you determine if they are all dead.
If you see blob and clear fluid, they are most likely dead. If you do not see any clear fluid, peck on the shell with your fingernail and watch for movement inside.

I hope some survive! :fl

Back
Top Bottom