Intervention: Helping Your Chicks Hatch

Yeah, just set that in the incubator. We bought ours from China, let me ask DH for a link.
Was wondering if anyone has a pic of a candled egg at 20 days. So I know what they should look like the day before hatch. All pics would be appreciated

Closest I can find so far are day 18:
That's what most of mine looked like when it was day 18 also. Dam I lost then in last 3 days. So close. Thank u for showing me. I think I'll do quails next time. I just got to get things for it over weekend and clean out my incubator good. Should I use distilled water or is offset water good enough. I really dont wanna lose my next batch. I dont keep them I give them away and soon as my silkies are big enough and have there own I'll also be giving them away to 4h so kids can enjoy them and show. I can't sell the love it gives me I have to give away free so they can enjoy too

That's what most of mine looked like when it was day 18 also. Dam I lost then in last 3 days. So close. Thank u for showing me. I think I'll do quails next time. I just got to get things for it over weekend and clean out my incubator good. Should I use distilled water or is offset water good enough. I really dont wanna lose my next batch. I dont keep them I give them away and soon as my silkies are big enough and have there own I'll also be giving them away to 4h so kids can enjoy them and show. I can't sell the love it gives me I have to give away free so they can enjoy too
That was actually pretty neat to see each day. Only thing I can think of is that they developed least most of the 12 did and they were still moving the day of lock down I candled all of them to make sure. So it has to be hotter in the bottom than in the rocker. I kept my temp 39.5 c the whole time. And they did good till day 19. Now I'm better schooled and I didn't know about this site till yesterday. I'm thankful they were already dead when I opened them cause I dont know what I'd of done if it was alive then died in my hand.

And I did turn them 4 times a day I was unaware that i wasn't pose to with a rocker. I know now to just let them rock away till day 18. But then should I let them start piping first then take out rocker or take out rocker at day 18??

And I did turn them 4 times a day I was unaware that i wasn't pose to with a rocker. I know now to just let them rock away till day 18. But then should I let them start piping first then take out rocker or take out rocker at day 18??

The rocker/turner should be shut off on day 19. That's also when more humidity should be added.

Take the rocker aka turner out.
Whatever day you decide to take the turner out, day 18 or 19, Make sure you will be home for a few hours to monitor the temperature.
My Turner motor adds a couple of degrees to my incubator...so when I take it out I have to adjust my incubator to bring the temperature back up.

The rocker/turner should be shut off on day 19. That's also when more humidity should be added.
Thanks.. all my eggs didn't make it.. my incu is up and running now till Saturday. Then I'll be posting everyday with pics. I'm doing quails this time.. does anyone have any info I would need to know about these. Are they hard ,easy to hatch and the birds them self's. I'm doing quails so I can have one for a pet and give the rest away..

Back
Top Bottom