Introduction

HollyMcD

In the Brooder
Premium Feather Member
Aug 2, 2023
Hi folks!
I'm new member HollyMcD. from the hinterlands of the Rocky Mountains where we currently have a mixed flock of nine chickens (1-rooster, a French Black Copper Maran cross, (gifted to us by a neighbor) and a group of 8 hens: (1) Speckled Sussex; (2) Buff Brahmas; (2) Golden Comets; (2) Buckeyes and (1) Buff Orphington. While we very much enjoy the eggs from our hens, we also have them because I adore their personalities! A friend once told me chickens would change my life. Really?, I replied. Uh-huh . . . I admit I was skeptical. Then one day while surfing You Tube, I stumbled upon Dahlia, the President of Chickenlandia, and little Phillipe. He seemed ever so adorable. So, the next time we travelled to the feed store for some supplies for our Golden Retrievers, we stopped to check out the baby chicks. The rest is history. We have had a steep learning curve trying to absorb the basic of all things "chicken" and things which can ail them.There is much more learning to do. But it is such a worthwhile experience! Our flock bring both joy & order to our oftentimes crazy world. After a hectic day, there is nothing like the peace that comes from sitting with them in their coop, feeding them by hand, and interacting with them.

Back
Top Bottom