Invisible fence for goats. Working!

May 10, 2020
just wanted to let everyone know I have successfully trained my goat heard to the pet safe in ground invisible fence.

I would only recommend this if you have livestock guardian dogs.

Last edited:
Just keep in mind while the invisible fence may keep the goat IN it does not keep predators OUT. And I would be curious if the goats respect the invisible fence when they are in "panic" mode. I am afraid they will just blow right past it, shocks or not. My herd will bounce off pipe panels and woven wire fence when they are in full-on panic about a predator threat. Or the neighbor gunning his race car engine.....

You're absolutely correct it does not keep out the predators. That is why I recommend only using this system if you have livestock guardian dogs, which I do.

W are on a 12-acre farm. My neighbors on either side of me are constantly running tractors, there's a gun range just over the hill, And with all that yes our goats do get spooked. I'll post a video at some point showing you that when they get spooked, they follow the paths I have made with wire. each goat I introduce into the herd I train on the system It only takes one day.

The Nice thing about the system I am using is I can dial in the width of the fence line. I can make it approximately 20 ft wide or 1 ft wide. I currently have mine set to about 3 ft.

I can confidently say that I trust my system with my dogs and my goats, And if monitored properly it can work in pretty much any application.

Justin

You're absolutely correct it does not keep out the predators. That is why I recommend only using this system if you have livestock guardian dogs, which I do.

W are on a 12-acre farm. My neighbors on either side of me are constantly running tractors, there's a gun range just over the hill, And with all that yes our goats do get spooked. I'll post a video at some point showing you that when they get spooked, they follow the paths I have made with wire. each goat I introduce into the herd I train on the system It only takes one day.

The Nice thing about the system I am using is I can dial in the width of the fence line. I can make it approximately 20 ft wide or 1 ft wide. I currently have mine set to about 3 ft.

I can confidently say that I trust my system with my dogs and my goats, And if monitored properly it can work in pretty much any application.

Justin
I know this is an old post, but is this still working for you? We already have a pet safe system installed and if that’ll work, it’ll save me a ton on the electric fencing I was going to buy

I know this is an old post, but is this still working for you? We already have a pet safe system installed and if that’ll work, it’ll save me a ton on the electric fencing I was going to buy
You might have better luck commenting on his video, he hasn't been seen here in over three years.

Back
Top Bottom