Inward frizzled chick? PICS

Chickenaddict

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
East Bethel MN
I have a chick whom I presume is gonna be a male who seems to have inward frizzled feathers, its hatchmate has the normal outward frizzles and a whole lot more feathering then this lil guy altho both from same parents and hatched at the same time. Has anyone seen this happen in their frizzles or does he just need a little more time for them to kind of correct themselves? I haven't seen this before, hopefully someone else has. I have however had a half frizzle half straight feathered bird hatch from the clutch their mother hatched from.
hu.gif

The one on the right is what I consider normal frizzles, the one in the back is a serama and the one on the left altho only partially shown is the chick in question.
10663_img_0425.jpg

Here is a better shot from the backside of the bird... See how the feathers curl under like that?
10663_img_0432.jpg

10663_img_0430.jpg

Strange right?

Last edited:
I see, the feathers curve toward the body instead of away from it. Did they all hatch at the same time? It still looks like a baby. I'm no expert, and definately no help- but I hope you get an answer. I'm interested to see if anyone else has heard or seen this as well
big_smile.png

Were these bred frizzle x normal feathering or frizzle x frizzle? I know frizzle x frizzle gives some chicks with a double dose of frizzle and they can have odd feathering and slow feathering etc. Will be interesting to see what this chick looks like when it's grown up.
smile.png

The mother is part frizzle cochin and part light brahma, she looks like a frizzled brahma, the father was a straight feathered brown/red cochin. I can't wait to see how it turns out either
big_smile.png

The mother
10663_img_8910.jpg

The father
10663_img_8932.jpg

Back
Top Bottom