Is egg bound gonna be a regular thing for this hen?

Isabella6Storm4

Free Ranging
Oct 4, 2022
Ardonia
I have a 2 year old Cinnamon Queen hen who was egg-bound last week and we had to help her get it out and then just now my siblings brought her up again and she did end up laying it by herself as I was preping to help her.
Am I gonna have to keep an eye on her? Are there diet changes I can make to prevent this from happening? Should I cull?
I'll take any info you've got, thanks!

I have a 2 year old Cinnamon Queen hen who was egg-bound last week and we had to help her get it out and then just now my siblings brought her up again and she did end up laying it by herself as I was preping to help her.
Am I gonna have to keep an eye on her? Are there diet changes I can make to prevent this from happening? Should I cull?
I'll take any info you've got, thanks!
I have one who also has a tendency to end up egg bound. Cutting back on or stopping all treats helped a lot. Make sure they’re on layer pellets and have oyster shell available on the side. Keep calcium citrate plus d3 tablets on standby for any episodes of egg binding.

I have one who also has a tendency to end up egg bound. Cutting back on or stopping all treats helped a lot. Make sure they’re on layer pellets and have oyster shell available on the side. Keep calcium citrate plus d3 tablets on standby for any episodes of egg binding.
thank you!
i'll keep an eye on her. They're on layer feed and have oyster shells.
I'll also be sure that well-meaning children don't stuff her on bread 😅

Back
Top Bottom