Is there an egg sizing chart?

Sylvie

Crowing
15 Years
Jul 15, 2008
Ohio
Is there a chart or measurement used for sizing eggs?
My Light Brahma's first egg is huge! It is bigger than an extra large store bought egg by 1/2 inch lengthwise. Ouch!!! Like an extra-jumbo.
How am I going to find cartons that these will fit in for selling?

To label which size egg she's producing, you need to know the weight of it.
smile.png
I weigh mine on a small postal scale we have. 2 ounces is a 'large' egg.
But your's does sound like a really large egg!

Carla

Congratulation on your egg but I doubt they will continue to be so large. Ever once in awhile I get one too. Sometimes I won't get another egg the next day at all. when they are young layers their hormones mess them up. Enjoy your egg. There is sort of an egg measurement table but it is wt. I can't seem to find mine so maybe one of the others could help you with this. Jean
Yeh! found it this is per dozen
Peewee=15oz
small=18oz.
med.=21oz
large=24oz
extra large=27oz
Jumbo=30oz
Remember this is per dozen so you have to devide it out. Jean

Last edited:
Thanks!
Ok, it is off both charts.
It weighs 3 oz. So a dozen of these would weigh 36 oz.

Even though I know these measurements aren't used, it is 2 1/2" long x 1 3/4" wide.
Relieved that they might not all be this big. I plan to show it to family and friends before finding out if it is a double yolker, LOL!

I just got a huge egg on Christmas Day. 3oz, or84 grams. Poor girl! Gonna save it for my son when he gets back in town. I found a size chart online months ago, but can't find it now. Love the scale.
Happy clucking!

I have seen on here where ppl weigh their eggs and are amazed at the size. Is there a standardized weight for each egg size??? For resale

Back
Top Bottom