Is this a good incubator?

I have two other brands but for the price, this looks decent. I always look at reviews and barely half would give it 5 stars though so that's concerning.

Have you tried Marketplace where you live for better brand but used one? That's how we started out. The NR360 is a good starting one. A good one that's way cheaper than that, but much smaller, is Kebonnix. We've got two Brinsea 56EX fully automatic but even used those are pricey.
would you suggest a NR360 or a Kebonnix?

If price is equal, I would take the nr360 over most incubators. The Kebonnix looks like a smaller version of the nr360, but I've never used one, so I can't speak for the quality. It always seems to have good reviews. I, personally, like the egg capacity of the nr360. For it's capacity, it takes up a pretty small footprint.

If price is equal, I would take the nr360 over most incubators. The Kebonnix looks like a smaller version of the nr360, but I've never used one, so I can't speak for the quality. It always seems to have good reviews. I, personally, like the egg capacity of the nr360. For it's capacity, it takes up a pretty small footprint.
How often do you need to refill the water on the NR360?

Depends. My house is fairly humid, so I run dry the first 2 weeks and fill it up the 3rd week. My wife hatches an incubator full with her kindergarten class every year and has to fill up the water port once every week or so.

Depends. My house is fairly humid, so I run dry the first 2 weeks and fill it up the 3rd week. My wife hatches an incubator full with her kindergarten class every year and has to fill up the water port once every week or so.
Would it be possible to go on vacation for a week while it's running? I'm not sure how humid my house is.

Would it be possible to go on vacation for a week while it's running? I'm not sure how humid my house is.
A week would be fine. If it does run dry for a few days, it won't hurt anything. The humidity is mainly to control moisture loss so that the air sac is the proper size. If it's too big when you candle, jack up the humidity. If the air sac is very small, you'll want to run it drier. If you lose power while your gone, that'd be a problem, but that's a problem matter what incubator you have.

A week would be fine. If it does run dry for a few days, it won't hurt anything. The humidity is mainly to control moisture loss so that the air sac is the proper size. If it's too big when you candle, jack up the humidity. If the air sac is very small, you'll want to run it drier. If you lose power while your gone, that'd be a problem, but that's a problem matter what incubator you have.
Ok! Thanks so much for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom