Is this how those Genuis' figure things out?

Chickapooh23

Songster
10 Years
Jan 31, 2009
Corning OH
OK, I have been working hard to get my homemade incubator to keep a regular temp. This year I added a plastic container with dirt and peppers spouts. It work to regulate within a 5-6 degree swing. OK, I could live with that because it was between 96-97 to 102 degrees.

I keep a flathead screwdriver on the lid to make adjustments to the themostat if it needs it. Well my lovely 3 yr old picked up the screwdriver today and started poking wholes in the tip. OMG!!! I about had a heart attack. I took the lid off but it wasn't that bad. One spot had pushed through and I just pushed the styrofoam back into it and was just going to watch it to make sure she hadn't damaged it. From the top you can see the holes but not from inside. It is now keeping temps between 98-100 consistently, no swings. Even the humidity is perfect.

I am considering writing a book called... "How dumbies raise chickens".

Oh NO! Got duct tape?
At least the damage wasn't too bad. I wonder how-in-the-world people keep anything incubator-related straight with 'other people' around possibly monking with it --- let alone children!
Good luck!
smile.png

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom